PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 vaccine for DC

KpbS
10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Have you or do you plan to have DC vaccinated for H1N1?

egoldber
10-06-2009, 07:16 AM
I couldn't vote yes and no. ;) I plan to have Sarah vaxed (due to her asthma) but not Amy.

wellyes
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
DD goes to daycare - both at her regular sitter and at my gym a couple times a week. I will get her vaxed.

wendibird22
10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
DD1 goes to daycare, DH and I work with school aged children, and we are expecting DD2 in Dec. So to protect me and the newborn, yes, we will all be getting it.

mommylamb
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm planning on having DS vaxed when it's available. We always do flu shots and he never has had a bad reaction to any vaccine. I'm hoping he can get the mist though. He had the mist for his season flu vax this year and it was great.

frgsnlzrds
10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
We went to the doctor yesterday and his exact words were, "Get it. Get it. Get it. It's here. It's real." So we'll be getting it. I'm actually a little sad that I'm over the recommended age because I always catch everything and catch it hard. I can get a cold, pass it to DH, and still be sick when he's kicked it.

sste
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
If I can get my grubby paws on that vaccine DS will be vaxed. DH works in a hospital, I work with students many of whom are under 24, and DS may be starting part-time daycare.

Nooknookmom
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
No, I really don't want DD to be a guinea pig (although it is supposed to be *safe*).

Also, I believe that h1n1 went through our house last month, it's all over DD1's school and our community. We have been exposed and my hcp said that they are focusing on high-risk groups anyway and may not have enough vax for us regular people.

I was really really torn and kinda freaking out-then DH & DD1 became really really sick. DD2 & I didn't have it as bad, but we were quite sick too.

DD2 is not in pre-school and none of us works in healthcare. Hope it's the right choice.

ellies mom
10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm in the medical setting because of school so I'm not only more likely to be exposed to it but I'm also required to miss 7+ days of school if I get it. I can't afford that so everyone in my family is getting the vaccine. For "our" age group, H1N1 is considered the seasonal flu this year. If I had to chose one, I'd get the H1N1.

KpbS
10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
DS1 is allergic to eggs so it is not an option for us. I suspect DS2 is allergic as well but haven't confirmed. The flu is definitely going around here but so far none of us have had it. If we are going to get it, I wish we could just hurry up and catch it and get it over with. :(

lorinick
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I will be get the shot both children as soon as I can get it.

Veronica's Mommy
10-06-2009, 06:46 PM
DS has regular ECI visits at home. Last week they said they will be offereing them. Apparently, the health dept (or whoever) is trying to reach as many people as possible and having nurses come to your home & vax your kids (including siblings!) seemed like the best way. I will probably do it.