PDA

View Full Version : Are Miele vacuums good for carpets? (Prev. was going to buy a Dyson) =(

conniez
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Was thinking of investing in a Dyson, but might go for a Miele after seeing Dyson's Better Business Bureau rating (F on a scale from A+ to F). :eek: Miele got an A rating, so I was thinking of taking the plunge and buying this model: http://www.mieleusa.com/usa/vacuums/product.asp?cat=1&subcat=29&model=328&series=71&nav=30&snav=28&tnav=29&oT=185. However, most people that rated it said it's good on hardwood floors (not too much input on how it works on carpets). Any advice would be appreciated. My floors REALLY need to be vacuumed soon since my POS Hoover Savvy died on me.

Radosti
10-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Really? I've had my Dyson for 6 years, it's still in awesome shape, even though it was an open box buy at LNT. The two times I've had an issue, the CS reps were super helpful in telling me how to correct it. Both phone conversations have been super easy, quick and to the point.

TonFirst
10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
My Miele is great on carpet. If you have mainly carpet, be sure to get the electric turbobrush..

BillK
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
We do not have the electric turbo brush attachment for our Miele and imo the Miele is terrible for wall to wall carpet while our Dyson rocks.

Perhaps if we had the electric brush attachment I'd feel differently. As I recall moving up to the Miele that supports that brush was a fairly big price increase (like $200'ish more).

kristenk
10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
I highly recommend Miele vacuums. They're wonderful!

With that said, I don't think that the stick upright Miele that you linked to would be very good for carpet, especially carpet with a decent/thick pile. One of the models with the electric turbobrush would be better for carpet, IMO.

My model has the electric turbobrush. I turn it on to vacuum carpet and turn it off to clean our tile/wood floors.

Have you had a chance to see any of the models in person at a vacuum store? That might help you decide. Also, a non-electric turbobrush *might* work for the carpet in your house. It just depends how much carpet you have and how thick it is. HTH

codex57
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
If you get the Dyson, try and get the DC17 model. It's designed more for "American" type carpets rather than the older ones which were more for the European ones (that resemble the flat commercial kind).