PDA

View Full Version : More Swine Flu Shot Confusion....

arivecchi
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know if this is a reputable article or not, but want to post it so that the experts on the board can examine it and critique it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/06/Why-You-Should-NOT-Vaccinate-Your-Children-Against-the-Flu-This-Season.aspx#

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
No idea if that is reputable or not, but reason #3 is the reason why my otherwise-fully-vax children are not getting this vax.

arivecchi
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I thought per the Sears article some swine flu shots were thimerosal free. Is that not the case?

mommylamb
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that adjuvents were not in this vaccine in the U.S. Wasn't that the whole issue about why we're supposedly depriving the rest of the world of vaccine because we ordered ours without adjuvents and therefore there is less of it to go around?

Honestly, this list sounds like it was drawn up by a crack pot to me.

arivecchi
10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I thought the article was pretty extreme too, but I am not enough of an expert to just dismiss it. Thanks for all the feedback so far. Hope we get more!

egoldber
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Virtually every statement on that webpage is false or extremely misleading. I didn't listen to the video.

BabyMine
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
This is just another viewpoint. I know for our family we are all getting the H1N1 vaccine. DC and I are in the high risk category.

megs4413
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Just off the top of my head I know that #6 is just flat out false.

We skip flu vaxes, but this article just seems like fear-mongering to me (even as a selective vaxer!)

BabyMine
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I thought per the Sears article some swine flu shots were thimerosal free. Is that not the case?

Siingle dose shots are thimerosal free. Multi dose vial most likely have low thimerosal levels.

mommylamb
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Ok, so I first just read the article... but now I watched the news clip... and I have to say, I think Fox is sooooo irresponsible having this guy on. I really do not believe that there is a link between thimerisal and autism, considering that it has been removed from vaccines other than the flu shot for years now and autism rates continue to skyrocket. To me that says not only does that show that there isn't a causality, but there isn't even a correlation! Now, I totally get not wanting your kid to have a flu shot with thimerisol in it-- why add any murcury into the system if you can prevent it. Murcury poisoning is a bad thing... but really... this guy sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about, and neither does the presenter. Bad journalism!

wellyes
I agree, anti-vax crack pot. I'm all for informed decisions. But one of his items stuck out to me as half-baked science/superstition:
Modern medicine has no explanation for autism, despite its continued rise in prevalence. Yet autism is not reported among Amish children who go unvaccinated.
Classic logical cheat used by enemies of science. Correlation does not imply causation.

egoldber
And all nasal mist vax are thimerosol free.

No US H1N1 vaxes use adjuvants.

Not everyone needs 2 doses, only some people.

The flu is mild for most people, but very deadly in some subgroups.

There are just soooo many inaccuracies in what was said.

citymama
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
This guy is a wingnut. Click through to the home page to read about healing yourself through Quantum Physics. Yeaaahhh. Really not a credible source.

As a service to each other, can we avoid spreading disinformation and unreliable sources (Rush Limbaugh was quoted about the flu shot on another thread)? This is *not directed to the OP, who has provided lots of great insights on many threads, but just as a general courtesy.

arivecchi
10-06-2009, 01:07 PM
I knew you guys would come through. Thanks for setting the record straight!

mommylamb
10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
This guy is a wingnut. Click through to the home page to read about healing yourself through Quantum Physics. Yeaaahhh. Really not a credible source.

There's also an article saying that fat deficiency causes more deaths than breast cancer... now you can say a lot about Americans, but fat deficient probably isn't one of those things (myself included). I guess I can cross that off my list of ways I'm afraid to die:hysterical:

Seriously though, this guy's a nut job.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree, anti-vax crack pot. I'm all for informed decisions. But one of his items stuck out to me as half-baked science/superstition:
Classic logical cheat used by enemies of science. Correlation does not imply causation.

The Amish probably don't eat processed food, like Lunchables or Kraft Mac-n-Cheese either.... Preservatives in food are horrible for us!

jse107
10-06-2009, 02:39 PM
According to my research, Dr. Kent Holtorf is an endocrinologist, not an infectious disease expert. Nice Fox.