PDA

View Full Version : LESS than 12 weeks until Xmas

calv
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
but who's counting?

Just saying ;o) Have YOU started shopping YET?

Cheburashka
10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
AH! Don't remind me! I haven't started yet, but my SO and I have figured that people should not be expecting presents from us this year since we're having a baby soon, and we're already on a tight budget. What we'd like to do, if we're able, is to have a family portrait done after the baby is born that we'll send out as everyone's Christmas present. If we can't get that done, we'll just have a friend take pictures of mommy, daddy, and baby and stick it in the Christmas cards. I might frame the picture we send to my SO's dad (not the one going to my parents, because they have a "color scheme" going in there and they have thrown out/given away frames that don't fit) and the grandparents.

SnuggleBuggles
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh, don't say it like that!! I pretend it isn't happening till Halloween is over. :)

BEth

BabyMine
10-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I pick up things here and there. I'm just not looking forward to the IL's

lorinick
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Uh depressing. I hate thinking about the money issue. Christmas is so expense no matter how you look at it. Yuck.

calv
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
funny because in comparison to being preggo in X number of weeks, 12 weeks sounds like it's a blink away! And yes I do plan to enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving before Christmas is officially here.

Eeeek!

LarsMal
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow- that time of year already?! I haven't even thought about shopping yet. I need to get into our new house and get settled first. Heck- my kids opening all their toys that have been in storage for five months will be Christmas enough for them. Tie a bow on those moving boxes and call it a day!! ;)

Fairy
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
STOP it, I haven't even dragged out allt he Halloween decorations yet!!! Help!

calv
10-06-2009, 07:48 PM
STOP it, I haven't even dragged out allt he Halloween decorations yet!!! Help!

ha! That's ok. My bunnies & all spring decor stayed out pretty much up until the halloween stuff came out this year.

Ducking so nobody laughs at me! ;P

elaineandmichaelsmommy
10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
:bag I'm not listening. Fingers in the ears-LALALALALA. I'm not listening and you can't make me.

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
:bag I'm not listening. Fingers in the ears-LALALALALA. I'm not listening and you can't make me.

:yeahthat:

Totally not even ready for Halloween yet.

ourbabygirl
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Ha! Make that FA-LA-LA-LA-LA LA-LA-LA-LA!

mommyp
10-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I've been picking up things here and there when I see them, spreading out the spending a little.
But that countdown is scary, we're not ready for Halloween yet!

AshleyAnn
10-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Ugg. This is the last piece of info I needed. Yet another year that we can't afford gifts for everyone we're expected to buy for - thats 3 in a row. Guess I better start trying to figure out how to make gifts happen without spending money.

But on the plus side - DD will be here by then and I'm SO excited to meet my little buddle of joy. Just 7 more weeks until she is scheduled to arrive - so I figure I'll have her in 8, maybe 9, depending on traffic. I'm always late for everything I don't expect to be on time for my due date.

sparkeze
10-07-2009, 02:00 AM
I haven't even thought about Christmas yet...but now I am worried that it's so close!!I have a milliion things to do before then.

MamaMolly
10-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Wow- that time of year already?! I haven't even thought about shopping yet. I need to get into our new house and get settled first. Heck- my kids opening all their toys that have been in storage for five months will be Christmas enough for them. Tie a bow on those moving boxes and call it a day!! ;)

:yeahthat: yup, I'm right there with you. Except we'll only be getting SOME of our boxes. But thank God I planned ahead. I've stored a Rosebud Cottage since LAST Christmas' Amazon toy sale just for this! FIngers crossed it arrives in time!

Melaine
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Yay! But no, I haven't done much shopping. At least not any real shopping.