PDA

View Full Version : Yeast free diet?

tmarie
10-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Does anyone have experience with this? I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. No, make that very overwhelmed. Apparently the yeast in my body are running wild and I need to go on a yeast free diet. I have a really bad mold allergy and am going to be starting allergy shots at the end of the month, and apparently I need give up all foods that contain mold (including yeast, tomato sauce, all breads, soy, vinegar, wine, cheese, etc....). I'm really worried about HOW I am going to cook for my family and myself. Will I have to cook separate meals for them and myself, etc..., for the rest of my life....

Would be grateful for any advice or words of encouragement if anyone has experience with this.

tmarie
dd#1 '05
dd#2 '08

Tondi G
10-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Look for a candida Albicans Diet. This page has some good info http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/candidadiet.htm

I went on it when I was 15. No yeast, No sugar, no condiments cause they often contain vinegar and sugar. No wine, no chocolate, no cheese, no beer, no mushrooms. It was hard but do-able!

You may have to make some adjustments and make some things for the rest of your family that you can't eat but you will probably lose some weight and there are lots of things you can eat!

Make your own salad dressing... oil and fresh lemon juice with salt and pepper... add herbs too if you like. I took a big salad to school every day. grilled/roasted Chicken breast, salmon, steak on top is good. I ate popcorn/ rice cakes to satisfy my cracker/bread needs. Fresh fruit is ok but not too much cause the fruit sugar give the yeast something to feed on! I don't remember tomato sauce being a no-no but it has been a while. I think a fresh made tomato sauce would be ok... maybe it's a canned issue?

I bet you could do rice noodles for yourself and make regular pasta for your family.

good luck with it ... just like people learn to deal with food allergies or gluten free diets etc you will be fine!

~Tondi

doberbrat
10-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I did it. it was really hard and I cant imagine having to feed kids like that but it was totally worth it. really made a difference in how I felt.

Tondi G
10-07-2009, 12:39 AM
wanted to say I took probiotics, grapefruit seed extract, garlic to help with the yeast battle too!

tmarie
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Thank you so much! I don't know why this seems so hard---the cheese, vinegar, and canned tomato component seem hardest to me because I love salads with cheese and vinegar dressings, and I use canned tomatoes for all my staple easy family meals (pasta, chicken enchiladas, soups, etc...). It seems like every prepackaged food in my pantry contains yeast extract--even the couscous! I guess I'll have to hit the recipe books and look into upping my probiotics and garlic supplements. Thanks again...

tmarie