PDA

View Full Version : So what are you/DC going to be for Halloween

BabyMine
10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
M is going to be an astronout
TT is going to be a brown bear.

Fairy
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
DS is going to be Peter Pan. He's been wearing his costume for a week. Try as I did, he got it full of purple marker

:irked:

Because I take Halloween very seriously, I'll be doing whatever it takes to get the marker out. Oh well.

mecawa
10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
DD1-- witch
DD2-- bee

EllasMum
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Preschool party costume - Tinkerbell/princess

Actual trick or treating costume - Old Navy dragon costume

DD only asked for the Tinkerbell costume, but it is paper thin and it is usually freakin' cold here on Halloween, hence the furry dragon costume. ;)

awoodm
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
DS1 - Bumblebee from Transformers (after 2 + hours in the costume store trying to decide)

DS2- Spider (from PBK)

wendmatt
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
DD (6) Velma from Scooby Doo

kristenk
10-06-2009, 09:07 PM
DD (5) - skunk (complete with atomizer that sprays something nice-smelling, assuming I find one)

citymama
10-06-2009, 09:13 PM
DD (3.5): Skunk-fairy. (Skunk costume plus wand and glittery wings.) And atomizer spray with stinky and perfumed options - no treats, and you'll get stinky-sprayed. (I'll make sure it has just H2O, but DD loves this idea! Thanks to kristenk for the idea.)

DH and I have been instructed to be papa and mama skunk.

jent
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
DD- ladybug.

I wasn't going to do a costume for myself, but now I'm thinking about it... it's just hard to think of something that will "go". No way I'm dressing up with butterfly wings or as a flower!

mjmamma
10-06-2009, 11:15 PM
DD (almost 5) a very pink Batgirl
DS (3) Batman
Twin DDs (15mo) Bats
DH Joker
Me Catwoman (mask only, no vinyl catsuit, thanks)
*Mind you, they've never seen a Batman show/movie, etc..hmmm

TwinFoxes
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
They will be penguins. :)

I will be a mom.

LarsMal
10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
The kids were supposed to be Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and baby Yoda. Then DS found a Batman costume and it all went out the window. So now:

DS- Batman
DD- "beautiful ballerina princess fairy", but now she is telling everyone she wants to be Madeline
Baby C- spider...Charlotte...get it?!

Laurel
10-06-2009, 11:49 PM
DS will be a cowboy- I found a great vintage cowboy costume at a flea market.

DD changes her mind about this daily. Currently she wants to be what I can only describe as a slutty pirate. She won't be wearing fishnets and a corset to kindergarten, so I'm thinking either regular pirate or something out of the dress-up box.

I need to come up with something for DH and I this year, we have been invited to a party. Hey, maybe I'll go as a slutty pirate :ROTFLMAO:!

rlu
10-07-2009, 12:54 AM
DS Speed Racer
DH Pops Racer
Me "mom" racer

same as last year

almostamom
10-07-2009, 02:03 AM
DS is going to be an astronaut. He wore the jumpsuit for a week straight. Now he's just wearing the helmet around the house.

Linda

sunshine873
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
DD is going to be a bumblebee.

DH and I were thinking about dressing up, but I think we've just decided to go with a festive T-Shirt or something. Let's face it, it's really all about her anyway! :)

Jen841
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
J - Steeler (full uniform)
E - Steeler (J's old uniform)
DH and Myself - the usual... referees

JTsMom
10-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Sir Topham Hat (homemade)

SnuggleBuggles
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
ds1- wants to be a Koopa from Mario games but we still haven't started that!
ds2- skunk, homemade

No idea at all if I'll be getting a costume. Anyone know where to be an adult sized costume cheap? I'm not very creative.

Jen841- are you in Philly? Do people hate you there when you wear Steerlers' stuff around? :)

Beth

MoJo
10-07-2009, 08:20 AM
DD: puppy. She LOVES dogs. Everywhere we go, she's on the lookout for dogs. In the cleaning aisle at the grocery store, she starts calling out, "Da da woof woof," and sure enough, she spotted a quarter-sized picture of a dog and cat on a pet-hair removal product.

Me: Little Red Riding Hood, because I found a great red cape at Goodwill, and it's easy and warm.

DH: I have no idea, but the teachers and students usually dress up, so I'll have to see what he has in mind. In the past, he's done everything from 50's father with the glasses, pipe and smoking jacket to an "undead" person complete with makeup and torn/dirt covered suit. (He's the one who really gets into Halloween, and he was an acting major before he was a teacher.)

Reyadawnbringer
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
DS will be a cowboy. We settled on this choice for him because when he was in the hospital he received the book "Cowboy Small" as a gift. He has been IN LOVE with that book ever since.

DH and I probably won't be dressing up.

infomama
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
dd1-supergirl or wonder woman
dd2- not sure yet...ballerina perhaps since I have that at home.

Seitvonzu
10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
last year was so easy-- we were all giraffe obsessed...so i saw a costume and was DONE. i have an adversion to costumes with EYES on the top of the head-- i think "shouldn't the baby's face be the face?" so the giraffe costume didn't have eyes and that was that :)

this year lu is doing the traditional family costume (i believe my mother made the costume)-- she's the LION. my brother and i were both THE LION,my nephew trajan was THE LION, this year is lucy's turn and next year her cousin Leila will have her turn. it does make my life easy & cheap -- and the lady at the local toy store, where i was THIS CLOSE to buying a princess gown agreed that when they are little "dress them as animals because you don't get the chance for long." i thought it was sweet of her to say that, since she was losing a sale.

we don't dress up anymore...but it would be cute to have daddy as a lion tamer? how to do that? i could be a clown...but um, no :)

pb&j
10-07-2009, 09:59 AM
They are both going to be Darth Vader. I let DS pick both his and his sister's costumes this year, and that's what he chose for both! I can't wait to take pics of my little Vaders.

lchang25000
10-08-2009, 12:13 AM
DS will be a baby panda.

Naranjadia
10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Okay, so last year my twins were Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia - it was too cute. Our friend sewed the outfits and they both had light sabers.

This year they want to be a pink ghost and a blue ghost. All that outfit takes is cloth and scissors! Am I wrong to feel a little disappointed? Somebody please say no. :irked::irked:

Ghosts?! Ghosts?! What's worse is they have been saying the same thing for 3 weeks straight. For a while there, Sally wanted to be a king and Leo a pirate. No more.

The kicker? They want DH to dress as a blue ghost and me to dress as a pink ghost. They're gender norming us!!

:hysterical::hysterical:

s7714
10-08-2009, 12:39 AM
DD (6) - a princess (she wants to wear one of our dress up dresses, which is fine, because it's less work for me! :p )

DD (4) - Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Not sure why as she's only seen the movie once a looong time ago and doesn't remember anything from it. Just likes the look of her dress I guess!

Me - a flower fairy

DH - The guy who's staying home to pass out candy. ;)

Christeen_Trevor
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I need to go find them in a store or order online. DS will be Super Why and DD princess presto.

DrSally
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I found a great costume at Marshalls today--a shark for Ds. He's been fascinated with sharks all year. It's a 4T, and a little short, but it'll work for this year. DD is going to be a ladybug. I like it b/c it's a vest costume (with a hood), so it's easy on and off for her.

buddyleebaby
10-08-2009, 10:34 PM
DD1 wanted to be Wendy from Peter Pan.
DD2 heard this and said she wanted to be Tinkerbell. (She got the complete ensemble from my sister for her birthday.)
So, I am dressing DS as Peter Pan.

I'll probably be Nana. ;)

dcmom2b3
10-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I've been toying with the idea of a Bewitched theme: DD as Tabitha, me as Samantha and Nana as Endora. We'll see if I get it together enough to pull that off. Sigh.

Thatchermom
10-09-2009, 06:26 PM
DS really wants to be Peter Pan and have DD be Tinkerbell. I am stalling while trying to think of a way to do this and not be treating DD for frostbite the next morning! It is usually either mid-high forties and raining or dry and absolutely frigid on Halloween here. Can't quite picture how to have Tink in enough layers without having her look like a Tinker-ball...

bigpassport
10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm up to 3 costumes for DS so far. I need to find some Halloween events to go to.

1. Wonder Bread--My friend's 3 yo BG twins have Jif Peanut Butter and Smucker's Grape Jelly costumes, so when I saw a Wonder Bread costume on Ebay, I couldn't resist.
2. I was at a consignment sale this week and saw a Red Chili Pepper costume. Put it on DS and its ADORABLE. Like an Anne Geddes look, just his cute little face showing.
3. I was sitting in DS's room and noticed a Paddington Bear on his shelf and realized that he has a little red coat and blue hat just like Paddington. So if I can find a cheap bear suit or tan pj's I can put under the coat, I will have costume #3.

larig
10-10-2009, 12:29 AM
my mom is making DS a gnome costume. I'm really excited.

elektra
10-10-2009, 12:41 AM
DD- Lilo
DS- Stitch

I got a Stitch costume on ebay and I will throw together something for DD with stuff from home, plus a black wig that I can hopefully find at a costume shop.
DD is obsessed with anything and everything Hawaiian.

Tammy
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
DD wants to be Tinkerbell this year. I found a cute costume at the Disney store on sale last weekend. It's cold her on Halloween though, so I'll have to put her in long sleeves underneath and pray for decent weather. Or maybe get a backup warmer costume.

nrp
10-10-2009, 10:13 PM
DD is going to be a farmer - brown overalls, plaid shirt, John Deere hat and freckles painted on, with a burlap bag with "chicken feed" on it

DS is the chicken (last year's babystyle rooster bought off ebay)

amandabea
10-10-2009, 10:55 PM
DD will be a monkey. She's been practicing her monkey sounds for weeks now.