PDA

View Full Version : s/o: ipod touch....how much does stuff cost??

newg
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
DH has the chance to "buy" an ipod touch through a work reward........he was thinking about getting it for me..............which is totally sweet and I love the idea of having something like that.............but after the inital purchase how much does stuff cost for it........
like all the apps (?) and games and songs and movies and stuff...............I would probably be using it mostly for keeping me content during our long drives to visit inlaws and keeping DD content during doc visits and stuff, so music and movies would be the major reason for it!!

TIA!!

LD92599
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
It'll only cost as much as you allow it too! There's a TON Of free apps, TONS. You can also burn your own DVD's to it to you're not paying for movies too.

Aside from possibly a case and car charger, there's really nothing else you'd *need* to spend!

Laura

TwinFoxes
10-06-2009, 10:25 PM
A LOT of apps are free. Most songs/videos are $.99 or $1.99. Paid apps are usually about the same. But you can also upload all of your CDs into your computer and transfer those to your ipod touch, so they're free too. :)

ellies mom
10-06-2009, 10:38 PM
There are a ton of free apps. Most games that aren't free are under $4. I would say most apps are under $5. Some of the fancier productivity apps are closer to $10 but that is still a lot cheaper than you can get it for a palm device. My school apps can be pretty expensive but they are pretty specialized.

newg
10-06-2009, 11:03 PM
okay, this may seem like a really silly question............but once you purchase an app or song or movie..it's yours for good right??

WatchingThemGrow
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I think so. And, the apps can be shared with your DH if he has one. At least how that works for ours. DH set mine up and we have all the same stuff. Grocery Gadget on my Touch if fab. really, really fab!