PDA

View Full Version : still on hbb quest

tribecamom
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I know there is no universal booster, but is the new Parkway working with most kids or is it wonky? Same question with the OOBR?

as a NYC resident buying trying and returning is very unattractive and I have to get DD out of the GN reasonably soon so I am hoping to get lucky the first time

I can't risk converting the Nautilus to a booster, not having her fit and having to reconstuct it on busy city streets (ugh)

I am going to look for a lighter seat for carpooling and rental cars, but this one will stay in our car

Joolsplus2
10-07-2009, 08:08 AM
How is your Nautilus installed now? If it's in with LATCH, just pop her in it and buckle her in. If it's installed, just uninstall it and use it as a booster. Leaving the harness in for a test run isn't really a bad thing, just move it out of the way so the buckle doesn't poke her.

Here're pics of three differently sized (well, height wise...) kids in the PW, it seems to fit really well (Britaxes are usually known for fitting very well)... http://carseatblog.com/?p=2996
Still no official Oobr review, but you could try a search at car-seat.org for the few that do own it who have posted pics.

tribecamom
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
we are out of latch (ie using seatbelt) but if I unbuckle and tether it and it doesn't fit her as a booster I need to reinstall and retether literally on the street which is not ideal (LOL)

that said, I will give it a run :)

Joolsplus2
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I'd leave it tethered, too. (They are wishy washy on their LATCH/Tether rules when it's boostered, but it's actually ok, even if it's not in the manual). But no need to really drive anywhere, is there no way to just put her in the car and have her sit for a few minutes, ask her to scootch her bum around as if she's trying to get comfy or nap or slouch, see if the belt rides up, and if it does, just re install...?

tribecamom
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
yup, I will do :)
its not the Frontier so it won't take 3 hours :)

Joolsplus2
10-07-2009, 01:11 PM
ROFL, no kidding! Yeah, the FR is not one you want to mess with on a city street (or meet in a dark alley... :P), but the GN is pretty straightforward :)