PDA

View Full Version : Preschool teacher having surgery...what can I get her?

Corie
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
My son's preschool teacher is having surgery in a couple weeks. She
is having a hysterectomy.

I want to get her something. I may end up doing a class gift but
if not, then I am definitely getting her something on my own.

If I do my own thing, then I plan on getting her something from
Cheryl's Cookies.

But, for a big group gift, I have no idea what to get her. There would
be 17 families chipping in for the gift.

Any suggestions???

MoJo
10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe gift cards to restaurants with take out, since she won't be able to cook, especially if she doesn't have other family to help with that? I'm thinking places like Bob Evans.

I like the Cheryl's Cookies idea, too.

Cheburashka
10-07-2009, 09:43 AM
The other teachers have probably had this idea, but just in case, having the kids from her class each make a get well soon card for her would be great.

My first response was food of some kind. Like different cassaroles, lasagnas, or other kinds of homemade food that she could heat up easily, either in a microwave or her oven. Gift cards to restaurants with take-out is also a good idea.

o_mom
10-07-2009, 10:46 AM
You could also do one of the meal prep places - Dinners by Design, etc. That way they can have the freezer stocked with easy to prepare stuff if restaurant food gets old.

infomama
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I like the meals idea. If you want to send something...Edible Arrangements are always nice.

hollybloom24
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
What a nice idea!

Sometimes I'll order a smoked turkey or a ham to be sent to the house - it takes the stress off cooking or needing food for a few days, especially if she has kids at home. They can also be stored for quite a while or even frozen in case she has an overload of food at the time it arrives.

www.smithfieldhams.com

And I think a card made by the children is a very meaningful idea!

Naranjadia
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm glad you asked this. My kids teacher had a hysterectomy last week and found out she had stage 2-3 cancer, so I am also looking for a gift. She will have chemo and radiation and the school specifically mentioned no sugar (I think she's on a weight loss program). A ham might be a nice idea. I'd get it sliced, as I think she lives alone.

hellokitty
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I would get her something to pamper her for a class gift. Get a pretty Vera Bradley cosmetic bag and fill it with nice lotions, soaps, tissues, maybe some mints, etc.. If you want to go practical, I think that the ham or cold cut tray would be nice.

Corie
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
What a nice idea!

Sometimes I'll order a smoked turkey or a ham to be sent to the house - it takes the stress off cooking or needing food for a few days, especially if she has kids at home. They can also be stored for quite a while or even frozen in case she has an overload of food at the time it arrives.

www.smithfieldhams.com

And I think a card made by the children is a very meaningful idea!

Love the ham idea!!! My own DH would love getting a ham. :)

Corie
10-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I would like to do a Quarter Ham and then a cookie tin from Cheryl's Cookies.
(the best cookies ever!!)

Cookies and ham...perfect! :)

Jen841
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM
What about some comfy Pj's or louging clothes and a gift card to Target or Barnes and Noble. She can pick some things to entertain herself while she recovers.

"Treat yourself to help some items to help with a speedy recovery."

She could get snacks, magazines, books, cd's, PJs, movie,...

hollybloom24
10-08-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm in the mood for some ham myself right now!

Corie
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm in the mood for some ham myself right now!

I could put a huge ham in front of my husband at any point in the day and
he would eat the whole thing.

He LOVES ham.