PDA

View Full Version : What's you favorite 'fancy' drink?

infomama
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I love good coffee (Caribou is my poison...we brew it at home). I drink it black. Recently I went to Starbucks with a friend who urged me to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I wasn't too thrilled about the price of that drink but I have to say it.was.delicious.
Now perhaps these 'fancy' drinks are a daily for some but for me..this was a treat. And I must have another one.
ETA--not specific to coffee/hot drinks.

gordo
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
My faves are a Caramel Macchiato or a Vanilla Chai Latte

missym
10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't really "do" Starbucks, but once a year I go to buy a Gingerbread latte - only available around the holidays. Yummy.

infomama
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
She mentioned the Gingerbread Latte was also delish. Must try that next month.

BabyMine
10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Santa's white Christmas from Barnies.

http://www.barniescoffee.com/catalog/decaf-santas-white-christmas%C2%AE-coffee

" flavors of coconut, nuts, sweet caramel and vanilla. this irresistible coffee will satisfy your craving for something smooth, rich and wonderful."

elektra
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I can't do fancy drinks. Too much milk or sugar gives me a tummy ache!
When I get my drink on (which rarely happens these days) I am all about vodka sodas with lime.
And then if you're talking Starbucks type coffee drinks, I like espressos or they used to have this tiny little super rich chocolate shot type things that I loved, but they don't have them anymore. Although I rarely go to Starbucks so maybe they are back.

citymama
10-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Caiprinhas or Mojitos when I'm not pregnant! :ROTFLMAO:

Laurel
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Soy chai latte is my weekly "treat". A few times during the winter, I absolutely must have a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks.

I really love coffee but it makes me sick :(. Thank God for chai!!!

mommylamb
10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Cosmopolitan.

elektra
10-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Caiprinhas or Mojitos when I'm not pregnant! :ROTFLMAO:

Ooh, I can do these too, although after about one I switch to my go-to vodka drink. ;)
It must the be lime or something.

lizzywednesday
10-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Soy chai latte is my weekly "treat". A few times during the winter, I absolutely must have a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks.

I really love coffee but it makes me sick :(. Thank God for chai!!!

I was 100% addicted to the SB peppermint hot chocolate for several years. This was mostly because the baristas were friendly and there was a SB shop on the ground floor of the building where I worked. (Our office has since been relocated.) Seattle's Best Coffee (many in Borders) also has a peppermint hot chocolate that I like just as much.

Then, last year, when SB came out with their "artisan" drinks, I tried the sea-salt and caramel hot chocolate, which, when made correctly, tastes like a chocolate-covered pretzel (which is one of my favorite snacks) and those became a huge treat as well.

At present, I'm actually jonesing for the pumpkin cream-cheese muffins ... I love that they are only available once a year because otherwise I would be in TROUBLE.

As for alcoholic drinks, I'm a martini girl. Gin, dry, up, olives. OK, it's not fancy, but it gets the job done!

3isthelimit
10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Here in MS, we have a drive thru coffee place called Seattle Drip. I :heartbeat:LOVE:heartbeat: their white chocolate mochas!!! They are soooo good! They are milky and sweet, then again, I do like a little coffee with my milk and sugar!;)
Not that it happens much, but, when I get wild and frisky, I really like a good pomegranite martini!!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
10-07-2009, 01:39 PM
unleaded: venti vanilla latte

leaded: martini's. Any martini.

egoldber
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
coffee: decaf soy misto

alcohol: margarita or vodka tonic

Seitvonzu
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
i'm usually a plain jane coffee w/ half&half girl but i do LOVE a few of those frou-frou 4bucks drinks-- pumpkin spice latte, caramel machiatto, and white chocolate peppermint mocha.

when i was pregnant, right before i had to take my GD test i stopped for a pumpkin spiced latte... i thought "maybe i'd like the pumpkin cream cheese muffin too"-- sure enough, i had GD in the worst way (a SHOCKING case according to the OB, a pull out the tissues and prepare for this crazy preggers lady to be hysterical case). anyhow... maybe i knew and that was my last hurrah. :) i had NEVER done that before or since....

after i had my baby (23rd of december...) i wanted a white chocolate peppermint mocha in the worst way. i'd totally abstained of course, since i had that SHOCKING GD... well, of course by the time i figured out i really wanted one on the 24th, they were closed for the holiday. ack! it was awful!

if you ever get a starbucks card, register it and they will occasionally send you free drink coupons. i just got one for my birthday and had my onceor twice yearly pumpkin spice latte. it was GOOD.

arivecchi
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
regular: chai latte and caramel machiatto (year round) caramel apple cider in the fall and winter

alcoholic: the old standby - pina colada ;) (I only drink fancy drinks on vacay - usually at the beach)

willow33
10-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Peppermint Mocha & Sangria...yummy!

MaiseyDog
10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I absolutely LOVE Starbucks pumkin spice latte. I will avoid Starbucks all year, but when the Pumpkin Spice Latte's arrive, I have a hard time not stopping everytime I drive by one.

3isthelimit- where in MS are you. My husband is a huge fan of Seattle Drips White Chocolate Mocha.

arivecchi
10-07-2009, 05:54 PM

I really love coffee but it makes me sick :(. Thank God for chai!!! In honor of this thread, I treated myself to a chai latte this afternoon and ordered it with soy per Laurel's suggestion. Why did I not think about that before??? It tasted sooooo much better! :thumbsup:

ohiomom1121
10-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Peppermint Mocha & Sangria...yummy!

DITTO!!!! I love Chai Lattes too...yum.

billysmommy
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I am unashamedly a Starbucks girl and am there almost every day :) (the baristas even got me a baby present when I had each of the boys) I love the peppermint mochas ~ especially at Christmas when they're in the red cups and have the red sprinkles (that's the only time I get whipped cream on them) I'll also do a gingerbread mocha ~ yummy!!!

When we visit my parents we go to Borders where they have a Seattle's Best Coffee and I've had their gingerbread lattes ~ love the little gingerbread cookie they put on them.

For alcoholic drinks I love, love, love espresso martinis. Also anything with rum in it

3isthelimit
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
3isthelimit- where in MS are you. My husband is a huge fan of Seattle Drips White Chocolate Mocha.

Yay! Another MS girl!:cheerleader1:
Well then, greetings from The Great State of Mississippi!! :waving4:
I am in Brandon, we are neighbors! :)

(I got smiley-happy!)

MaiseyDog
10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Yay! Another MS girl!:cheerleader1:
Well then, greetings from The Great State of Mississippi!! :waving4:
I am in Brandon, we are neighbors! :)

(I got smiley-happy!)

Cool. I'm in Madison. I think MS is pretty underrepresented here. I feel left out sometimes, but love reading about how life is in the rest of the country.

3isthelimit
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I think MS is pretty underrepresented here. I feel left out sometimes, but love reading about how life is in the rest of the country.
:yeahthat:

ilfaith
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
My favorite Starbucks treat is the iced triple grande nonfat one pump caramel macchiato. I'm also a fan of their pumpkin lattes this time of year, but can't drink them with more than half the normal amount of syrup.

As for booze...I really dig a good mojito or margarita (rocks, no salt)

MrsZaz
10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Diet Pepsi - icy cold! and if I'm feeling frisky I toss in a slice of lemon.

Am I the only one?

Colleen

lchang25000
10-08-2009, 12:05 AM
I love all the holidays lattes at Starbucks but I don't drink them often. I also love wine (both white and red) and sake on the rocks!

bubbaray
10-08-2009, 12:17 AM
unleaded: Decaf tall soy no foam latte with 1 raw sugar and chocolate powder. I also love peppermint hot chocolate....

leaded: where to start? Caesars. Vodka with pretty much anything. Heck, keep it simple. Vodka rocks. None of that house brand crap.

Of course, I can't remember the last time I had a leaded drink of any sort. I go to Starbucks at least 2x/w, typically more often. I can't help it. Its the rain, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

mommy111
10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
when i was pregnant, right before i had to take my GD test i stopped for a pumpkin spiced latte... i thought "maybe i'd like the pumpkin cream cheese muffin too"-- sure enough, i had GD in the worst way (a SHOCKING case according to the OB, a pull out the tissues and prepare for this crazy preggers lady to be hysterical case). anyhow... maybe i knew and that was my last hurrah. :) i had NEVER done that before or since....
:hysterical:
That is so me when pregnant.
My favorite drink, sadly, is a coke. esp the mcdonalds cokes. in a push i'll settle for pepsi.

C99
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
A Steamboat Willie. ;-)

graciebellesmomma
10-08-2009, 12:55 AM
leaded: mai tai. vodka/pog/lime. sailor jerry/cfdietcoke/lime. stella. vodka tonic lime

unleaded: iced soy peppermint mocha always minus a pump or two of each. warm peppermint hot chocolate. not a fan of the hot drink. makes me too hot.