PDA

View Full Version : Should we get another Marathon??

emily
10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
DD is 18 mos about 25 lbs. We're expecting DS in another couple of months. DS will be in a Graco Snugride infant carseat in the beginning. DD hit the height limit fairly quickly for the infant seat (maybe around 4 months, I think). So I'm expecting that we'll be in the market for a second carseat within the next six months and keeping an eye out for a good bargain.

DD has been pretty happy in her MA and she's got a while to go before she outgrows it. (Right now her shoulder harness is only at the second level). So should we look for another MA for DS or should we use the MA we have for DS and get another seat for DD? If so, any recommendations? Maybe a Blvd? Those two are the only two seats I know much about.

Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA!!

Joolsplus2
10-07-2009, 01:14 PM
If you're happy with the MA and comfortable installing it and using it and your kiddos comfy in it, I'd get another one :). If you had extenuating circumstances like a super huge toddler or the need to fit three seats next to each other, then you'd maybe want to ponder a Frontier, Nautilus, or Radian.

AnnieW625
10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I am one of the few people here who doesn't care for the Marathon, for the price I think you can do better with a BLVD on sale from an online retailer. I like the features of the BLVD better (headwings, no rethread harness). If I didn't care about the headwings, and no rethread harness, and liked the basic feel of the Marathon I'd check out the Roundabout 50 which is only good for 50lbs, but it has the same shell height as the Marathon and most kids outgrow carseats by height and not weight. It's also $100 less and still a really solid seat. I know for some they love the variety of patterns on the Marathon, but for $100 and a very similar seat I would give up a cute pattern to save a $100.

DD loves her Frontier and she's been in it since she was almost 3, 39" and 30lbs, but I don't think I would feel comfortable putting a child less than 30lbs in the seat. Also for the Snugride you have until less than 1" at the top of the shell before it is outgrown. Good luck!

emily
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Are most kids okay with the headwings on the Blvd? I've heard that some kids dont like them because they can see out the car windows. Is the Roundabout less upright than a MA? That would be my only complaint with the MA. DD's head often "hangs forward" if she falls asleep.
We got the MA the first time cuz it came so highly recommended from friends (before I even discovered these boards) and we were able to get a great deal at Target. Patterns dont really matter much to us.

Thank you for the info. I'll check out all these seats next time I'm in the stores.

arivecchi
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Both of my DC love the Blvd! The headwings are great because their heads don't flop to the side when they nap and they have extra side impact protection! I'm sure my baby can't see out yet, but my toddler could see just fine.