PDA

View Full Version : Circo 12 Bin Toy Organizer from Target

MMMommy
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
The Circo toy organizer is on sale for $45 right now, and I am thinking of picking one up in the girl/pastel bin color (white faux wood with pastel bins). If you have the Circo organizer, do you like it? Is it sturdy? Does it hold up well? Costco has a Kidkraft brand one with honey wood and primary color bins as well. I prefer the pastel colors since I have two girls. Any opinions on the Circo or the Kidkraft?

Thanks!

Sorry. It's on sale for $45, not $49.99. I mistyped!

KrisM
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I was going to ask this, too! It's only $45 here.

We have a similar piece that is bins on the bottom and books on the top and it just doesn't work as well as I want it to, so I am thinking of getting rid of that and getting this one instead.

Also, will it go cheaper?

KrisM
10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Here's a thread about it from March: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=317678&highlight=target+organizer. It was only $37 then and I was thinking about it then, too!

WatchingThemGrow has it in a closet. I finally measured and my closet is only 32 wide, so hers is much bigger!

jhrabosk
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes! We love ours! I lucked into it for something like $30 a year or two ago and don't regret the purchase for one moment. Very sturdy. Holds lots of blocks and other assorted small toys that aren't well suited to our other containers. Easy for DD to get things from it.

WatchingThemGrow
10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Here's a thread about it from March: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=317678&highlight=target+organizer. It was only $37 then and I was thinking about it then, too!

WatchingThemGrow has it in a closet. I finally measured and my closet is only 32 wide, so hers is much bigger!

I think I had to put it together or slide it sideways into the closet. The door to the closet is only 24" so just the bins show. A a few of them don't actuactually come out of the closet easily, but we don't care.

KrisM
10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I think I had to put it together or slide it sideways into the closet. The door to the closet is only 24" so just the bins show. A a few of them don't actuactually come out of the closet easily, but we don't care.

The thing is 33" wide, so bigger than my closet. We have a bifold door and the opening is a whopping 19". I think most of the bins would not be in use!

Do you still like it though?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I like it , I got it for $29 last year. We have the primary color one. It sits in our living room, and is where we store DD's regular use toys. FWIW DD is HARD on her stuff!

MMMommy
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Glad to know that the reviews are good. Do you happen to know if the Circo one is solid wood or is it "faux wood"/MDF? I think the Kidkraft one is real wood, but I'm not sure (odd, I know, considering their kitchens are MDF). The Kidkraft bin unit at Costco is $47.99 and slightly larger in dimensions--larger in depth and height, I think.

Updated--saw the link above and read the description for the Circo one--MDF.

This is the same one at Costco.

http://www.sunflowerlanebabygifts.com/kisoitstitst.html

MommyAllison
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
We love ours. We got one from Target 3.5 years ago, and when DS came along, we added another one for his toys. Both have held up great, though they don't get a ton of wear and tear on the structure (nobody is climbing on them or anything). The toys in them are taken out and played with every day. The bins get taken out and used for lots of play (it's a boat, it's a sink, it's a car, etc) and none of them have cracked or broken yet. The older one is slightly bigger all around, which I prefer, but the newer version is still great.

slworld
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Which section is this organizer in?

Thanks much

katydid1971
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
At Target it is in the bedding area

MMMommy
10-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Thanks much

Just a note on the Circo at Target. At first I saw the primary bin colored one not far from the bedding/linens aisles, but didn't see the pastel bin colored one. So I thought they had sold out. But the pastel bin one was a couple of aisles over in the "girl" accessories/furniture/bedding area. So my Target had separated the "boy" one from the "girl" one in two different aisles.

I did end up picking up the Kidkraft one at Costco for $47.99. It is made of real wood (not MDF) and has an anti-tilt construction at the foot of each side. It is also slightly larger, but not by much.

KrisM
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Toys R Us has one that is bigger, too. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3509991. The ad page shows extra feet on it, but this page doesn't.

Ad: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/corp/100809-columbus-eml.pdf

shoxie
10-09-2009, 09:26 PM
We bought the one at Target, and boy is the construction similar to the KidKraft one, other than the MDF and the "feet" (which, I think, are a new addition). Honestly, DH is convinced the Circo one is made by KidKraft, but I don't know.

In either case, we have two, one of the the pastels and one of the primary-colored ones from Target, and we really like them. They're very sturdy. I actually think I wouldn't like the "feet" on the one at Costco as I'd be stubbing my toes on them all the time. I think they'd also make the bin have a space behind it so that it wouldn't come up flush against the wall. Similarly, I love our Learning Tower, but boy have we all stubbed our toes on it! With the LT, though, I think it's really important as the kiddos are actually IN the piece, so we put up with the inconvenience.

DH looked at the KidKraft set before we purchased the organizers from Target. At the time, Target had them for around $30-35 or so, so it was a pretty large price difference.

ett
10-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Thanks much

At my Target, it's in the kid's furniture/bedding section.

shoxie
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
At my Target, it's in the kid's furniture/bedding section.

Yes, same at our Target.

I have to say that for $45, I would've probably gone with the Costco one, as it is real wood. If the price difference were larger, I'd stick with the one from Target.

KrisM
10-09-2009, 09:47 PM
We bought the one at Target, and boy is the construction similar to the KidKraft one, other than the MDF and the "feet" (which, I think, are a new addition). Honestly, DH is convinced the Circo one is made by KidKraft, but I don't know.

In either case, we have two, one of the the pastels and one of the primary-colored ones from Target, and we really like them. They're very sturdy. I actually think I wouldn't like the "feet" on the one at Costco as I'd be stubbing my toes on them all the time. I think they'd also make the bin have a space behind it so that it wouldn't come up flush against the wall. Similarly, I love our Learning Tower, but boy have we all stubbed our toes on it! With the LT, though, I think it's really important as the kiddos are actually IN the piece, so we put up with the inconvenience.

DH looked at the KidKraft set before we purchased the organizers from Target. At the time, Target had them for around $30-35 or so, so it was a pretty large price difference.

Yes, this was my first thought with those feet!

KrisM
10-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I bought the bigger TRU one today. The cross bars are metal instead of wood and it does have feet. It seems pretty sturdy. I like that there are 16 bins. We have a lot of stuff on it now :).

ourbabygirl
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Does TRU/ BRU have a girls' version (white w/pastel bins) of that organizer? I like it, but don't know about the primary colors :). Otherwise, have any of you (or has anyone you know) bought one of these organizers and spray painted the bins to go better with your décor? I'm fine with the wood color but I think it would be cool to paint the bins sort of a bronze color to go better in our living room. Although then it's harder for the kids to know what to put in them (unless I glue a picture in each bin) since they'll all be the same color.
Or do you have any suggestions for a more 'neutral' toy organizer? I love the Expedit, but we'd need to turn it on its side to put behind our sofa, and even then it would be a few inches too tall, going over the top of the couch.

Thanks! My apologies for hijacking the post!