PDA

View Full Version : Walmart rocker

happyturtles
10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm just started looking at gliders/rockers and am getting info overloaded. I like the look of the covered glider/rockers, so hopefully my DD1 is less inclined to touch the gliding mechanisms is she can't see them.

Has anyone tried or seen this Walmart rocker? the reviews are positive and the price is great.

http://www.walmart.com/Upholstered-Rocking-Chair/ip/5854897#ProductDetail

catroddick
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I have no exerience with these. But I can say that both of DD's most massive spit up episodes have been in our glider. Gallons of gack everywhere. It sponged off our partially upholstered glider. But the attractive glider you have there would have been toast. And my DD is not a bad spitter at all. I'd hate to see what a real spitter could do.
Just my 2 cents....

happyturtles
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM
There's a slipcover that you would buy for this rocker. It's $60, so $170 for the rocker, total would be $230. Still pretty good price.

spj123
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes, we have this and I think it's excellent for the price. It's NOT the most comfortable or best rocking mechanism, but it serves the purpose and looks SO much cuter than the bargain gliders at BRU or etc. So it depends on how much you think you want to sit in it. And personally I think it glides much smoother on carpet, although it kinda moves all around which can be frustrating (like as you're rocking you kinda start scooting back and/or over, maybe that's b/c of the type of rug we have though). Of course you could try to return it if you don't like it too, if you ship to store then you won't lose any shipping cost right? We get so many compliments on this chair, it's the first thing ppl notice, it looks way more $ than it is. The slipcover fits on great and I like that I can buy another color slipcover too if I want to move the room it's in eventually or etc. GL! :)

truly scrumptious
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
We have it too and love it. I can't tell you how many hours I spent sitting in it holding DS while he slept. I would recommend getting the ottoman, too.
We love that the slip cover is washable, and yes, the price can't be beaten.
I agree with the PP that it moves around a bit (we have hardwood floors) but that has been minor enough not to bother us. Also, now that DS is starting to crawl about I have to keep an eye on him to be sure he doesn't stick his fingers under the rocker!
We bought it based on recommendations in the BBB and we're glad we did!

happyturtles
10-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the feed back. After factoring in the ottoman and slipcover, I went with a Best Chair instead. Mainly cuz the Best Chair was super comfy and DH didn't like the look of the walmart rocker. thanks again.