PDA

View Full Version : How do you control your car seat obsession?

arivecchi
10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I like the new Radians so much I'm all over car seats now. I want to get two new Radians, keep the two Britaxes and try out more. LOL. Someone stop me! How do other car seat addicts deal with this? DH wants me to shut up about this and move on. :hysterical:

codex57
10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Purely financial. If I had the money, we'd so have a lot more car seats.

SO resistance also helps. I'm fairly certain I'd have a Radian by now if it weren't for extreme resistance by DW.

Joolsplus2
10-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Um... what is this word, "Control"...? I'm up to 67 so far :D And the second one was supposed to be "The LAST seat after the infant seat", as they said in the marketing literature and I maybe should have adhered to ;). It's ok, though, I bought most on sale, sold most of them, or gave them to needy folks (oh, that doesn't include the seats I actually bought FOR others, either), and many were cheap booster seats (67 $300 convertibles? no way, lol).
Really, it'll get out of your system (or so I've heard...). I only owned maybe 2 dozen strollers, too ;)

arivecchi
10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I am getting the 80 SL tomorrow and the XT SL in Nov. I cannot wait. Hopefully those will satisfy me for a while. I need to quit my job and open a baby gear shop. :D

Kitten007
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Um... what is this word, "Control"...? I'm up to 67 so far :D And the second one was supposed to be "The LAST seat after the infant seat", as they said in the marketing literature and I maybe should have adhered to ;). It's ok, though, I bought most on sale, sold most of them, or gave them to needy folks (oh, that doesn't include the seats I actually bought FOR others, either), and many were cheap booster seats (67 $300 convertibles? no way, lol).
Really, it'll get out of your system (or so I've heard...). I only owned maybe 2 dozen strollers, too ;)

I am getting the 80 SL tomorrow and the XT SL in Nov. I cannot wait. Hopefully those will satisfy me for a while. I need to quit my job and open a baby gear shop. :D

You two made me laugh so hard I spit popcorn an my keyboard!

I hear ya on the baby gear!!!! Been obsessed with strollers and car seats lately too!

SnuggleBuggles
10-07-2009, 09:12 PM
You just buy one and walk away. :)

Beth

kristenk
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Being able to restrict your own access to this forum would help, too. :)

arivecchi
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Yes! It would help if I didn't keep hearing about all the cool car seats out there. I'm just thankful I'm not the same way with strollers. :hysterical: I will have to tell DH about Jools' 67 car seats. What can he say about a measly 4-5? :wink2:

MoJo
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I thought I could "just buy one then walk away." I'm really happy with the one Graco infant seat and two Britax Marathons (one for each car) we have now.

BUT. . . then a few weeks ago I read here about a couple of carseats that would give the passenger more room. Knees in the dashboard is a problem for us in both cars. Up 'til then, I thought that was just the way it had to be, because I'm NOT turning DD around yet. But, for DC#2, I need to look into those. I put up with it when I am the passenger, but DH will not put up with it (so when he was really sick and shouldn't have been driving last month, he insisted on driving because the passenger seat was too uncomfortable), and it really wouldn't be safe for the driver to be pushed forward so much.

At least, in this case, I think DH will go for it with no problems.

elektra
10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I control my obsession by making suggestions to my SIL. :) She had no idea about the Frontier or Nautilus, which is what I suggested for her soon to be 3-yo who is already FF. (They will need a new seat for their 6-mo at some point and I suggested they just hand down their BV)
Right now we have 5 seats for two kids, and 6 if you count our dead Scenera that needs to be replaced soon.

I just have to turn away from these Radian threads.

WatchingThemGrow
10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
??? have more kids to fill up the seats we own?

stay in a house with NO space to store them?