PDA

View Full Version : lice?

zoestargrove
10-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I've never had lice and I'd like to keep it that way. I just found out a case was discovered at ds's preschool. It turns out to be the sister of a girl we are suppose to have over our house all day Friday. Should that concern me or is it no big deal? I haven't talked with her parents yet, but the mom is away on business and the dad is alone.

thanks

Tondi G
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
It would concern me! I would see if they have another person to watch their child on Friday! Head lice is icky and a PITA if your child gets it! I would attempt to get some of the repellant spray to use on your child's hair since it is going around at school!

http://www.hairfairies.com/products/nit-zapping-prevention-oil/

Good Luck!

calv
10-07-2009, 08:23 PM
do those products actually work? is there a place to buy them at a B&M store or only online.

ewwww, I've heard so much about the dreaded lice once kids enter school.

Joanie B
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
They will understand— jut let them know you would rather wait— dont take any chances.

Lice takes a long time to go away—The problem is not the live bugs but the nits (eggs) that hatch them.

These need to be combed out with a special comb and it takes a few go-arounds and some get missed.

The mom will understand. Once you get it its hard to get rid of.
Lice is based on close contact so a playdate is not the best thing—

Even if you will watch them another time they need to make sure it is 100% gone. I have a friend who had this in their house for a month.

Joanie

Joanie B
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
The stuff really does not work—its not proven. If lice goes around best thing is to get the fine comb and look for the nits at the base of head. They comb out like little seeds (yuk).

The kids come to school after camp with it—so now is the season—
I wish i did not know so much about this!

Joanie.