PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Parkway SG - need help!

ctbarts
10-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I just got my Parkway SG and am having trouble with the labbelt clip. The manual does not have information as to how to use the clip and when I try to slide the lapbelt part of the seatbelt the clip just slips off. It seems very floppy and I can not figure out how to keep it attached to the lap belt.

I used the word "clip" loosely, because unless I am missing something it does not actually clip, it is just something you slide the seat belt through. The manual does say to never use the seat without the clip.

Other than that issue, I love the seat. It reminds me of our Monetery. Very strurdy, although not as light as the old parkways. I have not put the new PK and the old PK next to each other to see if there is difference in the width, but the new PK SG looks bigger to me. The other bonus I did not realize when I ordered the seat is that you can also use it backless. The downside, is beacause it can convert backless it has armrests which can sometimes pose an issue for my kiddos when bucking up as they forget to put the seatbelt under the armrests. I loved the no armrest feature of the old PK.

Any help with this lapbelt clip is appreciated!!!

Joolsplus2
10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Do you need to flip it upside down and shorten the crotch strap? There's a little metal adjuster of some sort under the seat. I imagine if there's just enough of the right tension, it should hold the belt down a touch and flop less (???)
Edit..yeah, page 19... http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/48.pdf

The reason it needs armrests is that when it's used as a backless booster, it can fly forward and will chop the abdomen in half if it doesn't have amrests to hold it in place. Just something you have to point out to your kids to be sure of every time they buckle. Though I do agree, that was the best feature of the old PW (couldn't be used backless, the sidewings kept the lapbelt low all the time). :)