PDA

View Full Version : Twins need a convertable carseat - what do you reccomend?

Vetchic
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I have 6 month old twin boys. I need to get a convertable carseat (actually 4 for them). DH and I have small cars (honda civic). I want to keep them rear faceing for at least another year.
What do you reccomend? I want 2 that are moderate price (Britax?) and 2 that are more economical (Cosco?)

Thanks

arivecchi
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336736&highlight=rear+face

MoJo
10-09-2009, 12:16 PM
We have the Britax Marathon in our '99 4-door Civic. I love the seat, but it causes a lot of problems if there's a passenger. Two would not be doable because the driver (we both have long legs) would be too squished.

I've read a little about another Britax seat (the Diplomat?) and the Combi Cocorro (I think) that may fit better and still allow someone besides the kids to drive and ride in the car. But I'm not sure how they are for extended rear-facing.

How big are the twins?

AnnieW625
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
If you are short two large shell seats like the Evenflo Triumph Advance, Britax Marathon, or Roundabout 50 should fit fine RFing in the back of the Civic (the Marathon and the EFTA are about the same width IIRC). To save lots of hassle I would take your car to BRUS or another baby store and the two seats in your car.

If you need smaller footprint seats then you'll want to look at the Combi Cocorro and the Britax Roundabout (40). Both seats should get you to 2 or at least almost 2 rear facing.

Good luck!

Swimfreak78
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Don't forget to ask about a twin discount. Also -- Bed Bath and Beyond now sells car seats and you can use your 20% off coupons.

Vetchic
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Right now the boys aren't too big. One is 17 lbs and the other is 15 lbs.

DH and I are on the taller side (6'1" and 5'8").

Needless to say we will be getting a larger car soon when we have the money!

arivecchi
10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
If you want Britax, I would get 2 Boulevards for the main car. If you want car seats that rear face longer than Britax, check out the Radians. They are a tough fit on smaller cars though..... I like the Cosco Scenera for travel and would be ok with it for ocassional use. But if the second set of seats will be used frequently, I would get something better than the bare-bones Scenera.