PDA

View Full Version : Buy now or wait?

Tondi G
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
My Marathons will be expiring in early December. We are planning on moving DS to a HB booster at that time. I see the new parkway on sale for 100 bucks... is it worth it to buy them now and save some money (we will need 2)? Is the parkway my best bet for a 4.5 year old (he's maybe 45lbs or so and quite tall) or is there something better out there? DS is set on getting a booster seat (he is the last of all our neighbors who's kids are in something other than a low back booster) and it will be helpful to be able to remove the seat easier than the MA, since we do carpool now. DS is our last at this point so I am not looking to hand down a seat to any other siblings. What is the fabric like on the parkway? Are there any other new boosters worth look into? I am so out of the loop as far as seats go.... Loved my RA and Marathons though!

o_mom
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
There are a couple options out there. The Monterey is good and very adjustable. It also has the option to LATCH it in. The Parkway is good as well. Chicco is releasing a new booster very soon - the Strada - no reviews yet. If you wanted to keep him harnessed in the main car and use a booster for carpool, the Frontier is a nice option for that and becomes a great booster later (just have to mention it as head injury rates remain higher in boosters until age 5-6 when they develop broader shoulders and porportionally smaller heads).

Tondi G
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks! I think I will take my DS to a local store and attempt to try the Parkway and the Monterey. See what he likes and what fits in the car best! Might be able to swing a Frontier in my car and get a booster for Dad's car (he does most of the carpool stuff!).