PDA

View Full Version : Now that winter is coming, how do you keep your seats clean?

wencit
10-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Not your carseat, but the actual seats of your car, especially if your child is FF. When DS1 was RF, we hung something similar to an apron over the headrest, so he could put his feet on there. Now that he's FF, when he climbs into his MA, he steps on the captain's chairs in my minivan. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but yesterday I noticed some ground-in dirt/grime on the front of the seat that was actually pretty difficult to clean, and I imagine it's only going to get worse as the winter wears on.

So how do you keep your seats clean? TIA!

OCMom
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
You could get one of those seat savers or maybe just use a towel (low tech method)?

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=325778&cm_ven=Froogle&cm_cat=NA&cm_pla=NA&cm_ite=11080

HIU8
10-09-2009, 09:54 PM
DS is FF. I usually use a towel that I make a hole in and put over my headrest and hang it down. That way his feet do not get the back of my seat dirty. As for the floor of my car, I use plastic liners on the area where DD and DS get in. As they step on they usually get it dirty and I have nothing under the carseat to keep the actual seat of the car clean. I end up cleaning it up myself several times a week with some apholstry cleaner.

KrisM
10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
More carseats! :hysterical:

Seriously, with 3 carseats in a row, my car's seat is quite clean!