PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for baby grooming or health kit (or for the things in them)?

arvi
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Most of the baby grooming and health kits I see get mixed reviews. Are there any you have been happy with? Or do you have specific product recommendations so I can compile my own? Thanks!!

vonfirmath
10-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Are you talking about actual medical kits? Or a toy one?

For the kits, I picked up a "To go" kit for the diaper bag (basically band aids and a case.) And a fast-reading thermometer (We were going to make do with the one the hospital gave us, but I picked this up on a whim and as he has gotten squirmier, I'm glad I did. Avoid the forehead ones.)

if you have to give medication as an infant, the pacifier medication thing is a godsend (and hard to find in a pinch so just keep it on hand)

Oh do make sure you have kid-size bandages on hand. Adult sized ones are too big for the tiny ones.

arvi
10-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the tips! I meant the actual medical kits by the Red Cross, Safety First, etc. There seem to be a number on the market but I haven't seen great reviews for them. I'm even having a hard time finding separate items (like rectal thermometers) that people seem to like.