PDA

View Full Version : This is a cool toy

CBB
10-09-2009, 10:18 PM
http://www.toyportfolio.com/SingleProduct.php?ProductID=5752
I was wondering if anyone has it?

nrp
10-09-2009, 10:37 PM
That IS cool! I bought my nephew an aquadoodle at costco a couple of years ago that was kind of similar - the little car would follow the line you drew. But this looks much more flexible. Need to add this to my list!

kristac
10-09-2009, 10:57 PM
My 4 year old would LOVE this!

Tondi G
10-09-2009, 11:11 PM
WOW that IS a cool toy! I wonder if it really does what it claims to do?

vonfirmath
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Oppenheimer would not feature it the way they do if it did not do what it claims to.

niccig
10-11-2009, 12:01 AM
DS would love this...as would many boys that I know.

But to make sure I understand. Do you have to print out their tracks, or can you draw lines on paper and it follows that???

lmwbasye
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Very cool...but would make me nervous about what my kiddos would start drawing on to make the car go.

baileygirl
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks! It looks cute! I just bought one for DS for his birthday via Amazon.

Ladybug47
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Do you think they'll have more available for this Christmas? It looks like they just have the fire truck and school bus available, and even those are just available on a few websites. The Daydream Toy site mentions a new and improved Doodle-Track Car, but it's on backorder:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=255/568.0.1.1

This looks awesome for my nephew, but I might want to hold out for whatever the "new and improved" version is, especially if there is a locomotive one or a race car one...

Ladybug47
10-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I e-mailed the Daydream Toy Co. about the availability of the new Doodle-Track Cars and whether they'd be out and available online in time to purchase for this Christmas and received this response from Gordon Haas from the company:

Thank you for your email. The new and improved cars will be available soon
(early November) and I definitely suggest you wait and purchase the new ones instead of the older ones. We have greatly improved their performance.
Plus we are launching a great interactive website www.doodletrackcar.com
where you can design and personalize tracks and print them out on a home
printer for use with the new car.

Thank you again for your interest in the Doodle Track Car.

Regards,
Gordon

<><><><><>
Gordon Haas
Daydream Toy
(201) 792-5451
[email protected]
www.daydreamtoy.com

...When children Daydream, anything is possible.

kristac
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the update Ladybug!

Tnstrainor
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I can't wait for it. Thanks!

babystuffbuff
10-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Do you think a 9-year-old would enjoy one of these? Or would it be too "young" for him?

Ladybug47
12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
The new and improved Doodle-Track cars are available from Daydream Toy now!

http://www.daydreamtoy.com/products/doodle-track_car.html

kristac
12-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I picked one of these up at Learning Express. So far I'm dissapointed. It seems to have trouble with anything but really wide turns and even gets lost on thier sample track. It has a really hard time on a small track- like 1 sheet of notebook paper. Not what I was expecting at all. It's larger then I was picturing (I was thinking it would be matchbox sized or so) and it's motor is pretty loud. Also it says you can use any marker but it really seems to prefer the marker it came with. Maybe mine is a dud?? I might exchange it and try again. Did anyone else get one?
ETA: we have the "new" version.

Ladybug47
12-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I got one of the new ones for my nephew. I thought it would go a bit faster than it does, but I still think it's pretty cool. I printed out three big tracks that I designed on the website and taped the sheets together and then filled in any of the black track lines that didn't quite connect from page to page. The car "gets lost" when we put it just anywhere on the paper, but it still moves forward until it finds a line and then it follows it. My nephew got a kick out of putting the car down NOT on a line and then watching it squiggle forward until it found one to follow. I thought it would race quickly around the track, but it moves slower than I thought it would. We had the paper track laid down on a carpet, though, so maybe it will move more quickly when the surface is completely flat and hard, like on the hardwood floors at my nephew's house. If we had one big sheet of paper instead of a bunch of smaller ones taped together it might not get hung up on the edges as much, either. Whenever the ridges between the pieces of paper were too high, we had to give the car a nudge to get it over the hump. It was still fun playing with it, and my nephew (almost 4 years old) kept saying, "I love my new car!"

leslieu
12-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I got one of the new ones for my nephew. I thought it would go a bit faster than it does, but I still think it's pretty cool. I printed out three big tracks that I designed on the website and taped the sheets together and then filled in any of the black track lines that didn't quite connect from page to page. The car "gets lost" when we put it just anywhere on the paper, but it still moves forward until it finds a line and then it follows it. My nephew got a kick out of putting the car down NOT on a line and then watching it squiggle forward until it found one to follow. I thought it would race quickly around the track, but it moves slower than I thought it would. We had the paper track laid down on a carpet, though, so maybe it will move more quickly when the surface is completely flat and hard, like on the hardwood floors at my nephew's house. If we had one big sheet of paper instead of a bunch of smaller ones taped together it might not get hung up on the edges as much, either. Whenever the ridges between the pieces of paper were too high, we had to give the car a nudge to get it over the hump. It was still fun playing with it, and my nephew (almost 4 years old) kept saying, "I love my new car!"

Thanks for the review. :applause:
It really looked like a great idea for a toy, but I guess it'll be a few years before they will have the technology to make it a really great toy.