PDA

View Full Version : Hotwalk too small for 3.5 year old?

brookemd
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Specialized Hotwalk for my son, but I'm wondering if it will be too small for him. He is 3.5 years old and average size. I'd say he is about 39-40" tall. If anyone has any feedback on whether it will likely fit him or not, I'd appreciate it. BTW, we also have a younger son, so even if the oldest doesn't use it for too long, it will still get use by his younger brother (I just don't want it to be too small for my oldest from the start).

Thanks!

vonfirmath
10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
It shouldn't be. My almost 2-year old got a Hotwalk. He's short in the legs and was just a tad bit too small to use it at the beginning of the summer. He's grown over the summer and I expect, when we next get a chance to get it out, he'll fit fine.

cpapay
10-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Our *almost* 4 year old DD can still ride hers.....but the seat post is up as high as it will go.....and her feet drag a little bit and her knees are totally bent. DD is average height, not super tall. We found that she rode the hotwalk most from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2, then we put her on a pedal bike without training wheels.

HTH

carrie

KrisM
10-10-2009, 11:12 PM
DS1 is 5.5 and can still ride ours with the seat in a middle spot (DD's height). now, he can ride a 2-wheeler, so he has the balance thing down and is just playing on it. He's 44" or so.

DD is almost 3.5 and about 39" and rides it without a problem. The seat has room to move up still.