PDA

View Full Version : Safeguard GO, Parkway or other?

writermama
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
For my 6 year old, 50-ish pound DD to use in DH's and/or Grandma's car.

I have a Frontier in my car (love it), and we're currently switching a Safeguard Go between DH's and grandma's car, but really need another seat. Something easy to take out and re-install as needed.

DH's car is a pre-LATCH Camry with tethers (though he's hoping to get a Prius), Grandma's car is a Camry with LATCH.

Should I get another Safeguard Go or try something else?

Also, where can I get another Safeguard Go -- seems like they're out of stock everywhere I look?

Joolsplus2
10-11-2009, 09:00 AM
If you think she can sit still in a booster, I'd look at a booster. Like the Sunshine Kids Monterey or Parkway SG are good choices, maybe even the Recaro Vivo (cheap at BigLots! if you can find one, it's worth a look).
The Go has been out of production for some time, Dorel (Safety 1st) owns it now and will be re-releasing it soon with different covers, but I have no idea how long that will take.

:)

AnnieW625
10-11-2009, 12:15 PM
We bought a Go to use for travel, and for DD's DCP to take her to pre school. It's a really nice seat and it's uber easy to install. If it's just for occaisional use then it should be fine, but the one downside for my 3 year old is that it's not a good sleeping seat; horrible head tilt. Great for short trips though.