PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard vs. Marathon?

satchnbucky
10-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I am debating between the Boulevard and the Marathon. I know a lot of people like their BLVDs, but it just seems like a lot of seat. Is it actually bigger than the MA or does it just look that way? Is it the same seat as the MA with head wings? And has anyone's dc not liked the BLVD because they couldn't see out the side? (Or does the wing not go that far out)? Anyone prefer the MA?
Thanks!

jjordan
10-11-2009, 12:17 AM
It's the exact same sized shell, but there is one other main difference between the two. The Marathon has harness straps and the boulevard has its harness on the headrest, so to adjust the harness you turn little knobs that move the headrest up and down. So in other words you can adjust the harness height without taking the straps out of the back of the seat, and you can make the harness any height you want instead of sticking with the preset heights of the harness holes in the marathon.

Occasionally you do hear of a kid who doesn't like the head wings of the BV, but I think more often kids like using the headwings to rest their head when they sleep.

Also the straps on the marathon do go up just a little higher, so it will last a little longer by height.

KrisM
10-11-2009, 12:28 AM
My kids just move their heads forward to look out the side. I haven't had any complaints, even with the older Wizard, which has narrower headrests. And, I like that their heads aren't flopping around if they fall asleep.

arivecchi
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Boulevard all the way! The headwings are great for naps and the no-rethread harness is great. We have a marathon too though and it is nice, but the Blvd is way better!

AnnieW625
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
The price tag on the BLVD scared me in 2006 (was living under a rock and didn't know you could find good bargains on the seat online:hysterical:), but after playing with the seat at baby stores and seeing that it has the no rethread harness, and headwings that the Marathon doesn't if I had to pick between the two I would def. go with the BLVD.

doberbrat
10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm torn. I feel like the marathon gives more room but the blvd's wings are awsome for naps. and I love not having to rethread the straps.

no clue what I'll get for #2.

kijip
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
My kids just move their heads forward to look out the side. I haven't had any complaints, even with the older Wizard, which has narrower headrests. And, I like that their heads aren't flopping around if they fall asleep.

Exactly this.

lorinick
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
I have the Ma and BV and like the BV better. DS looks more comfy in it and sleeps better. We love that we don't have to take the straps out to adjust the harness height. The seats take up the same amount of space.
I purchased a MA for the second seat because everyone was always says it would last longer than the BV. I wish we would have just gotten two BV. I will not use it longer enought to notice. Either choice is good. But the added head wings is why I choose the BV. My ds is 26 mts. and has never complained about the BV.

codex57
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I think the harness on the MA gives you about 1/2 an inch more height than a Blvd. Otherwise, size wise, they're the same seat. Blvd just has more bells and whistles.

You can get a Blvd for cheaper than the MSRP of the Marathon. Of course, the MA is also cheaper online as well. But, if you were gonna walk into BRUS/Target/wherever and pick a Marathon up, I'd go online and buy a Blvd instead.

ahrimie
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
BLVD of course!!!!!

christiedavid3
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
LOVE the BVD!!! DS has never complained about the headwings. He's very comfy sleeping and his head doesn't flop like it does in his TrueFit.