PDA

View Full Version : three carseats in a civic?

katydid1971
10-11-2009, 12:37 AM
MIL takes care of my 3 DNs, she has a Fisher Price Safe Voyager that I suggested she buy a couple years ago. She needs to buy two new convertible car seats. She hopes to be able to fit three in the back of her Honda Civic. Any suggestions on what might fit best back there?
Thanks so much.

OCMom
10-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Sunshine Kids Radian.

jjordan
10-11-2009, 01:16 AM
What year is the civic? You might need 3 radians.

katydid1971
10-11-2009, 01:31 AM
I think its a 2004. Its not very big.

kijip
10-11-2009, 03:51 AM
3 Radians would fit, I am pretty sure. Not sure about the FP + 2 radians. Maybe, worth a try!

AshleyAnn
10-11-2009, 04:14 AM
I think 2 radians and the FP booster would fit. The FP booster is great for puzzling - its rather narrow.

o_mom
10-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Do the seats need to be forward or rear-facing? How old/big are the kids?

I know there are several reports of sucessful 3-across over at www.car-seat.org (http://www.car-seat.org), but some are all forward-facing, etc. Three Radians would certainly work, two Radians and your Fisher Price convertible is another that most likely would work. Some other options would be the Graco Cargo (for an under 40 lb forward-facing child) or Combi Coccoro (for an under two RF child or under 40 forward-facing).

jjordan
10-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Is the Fisher Price seat a convertible or a booster?

galvjen
10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I successfully fit 3 across my 1998 Civic and then promptly sold it for an Odyssey. The seats that fit: Britax Parkway SG, Snugride20 without the base, and Radian FF. I'm not saying that when you closed one door the other popped open, but there was not 1/8th of an inch to spare. We promptly decided that since this was an everyday necessity, we needed minivan # 2 since they're not too much more $$ than a mid/full sized sedan and they're MUCH more convenient.
Jen

katydid1971
10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the advice. To answer questions, right now she has one DN FF and two RF. She doesn't want to buy a new car right now so she wants a way to take the three all in the car at once. This isn't a daily event but happens once ot twice a week (the DC are from her two DD , my SsIL). The fisher price she has right now is a converible used by the oldest DN FF. Looks like she is going to get two radians and see if they work with the FP. If that's too much she'll order a third radian and pass the FP to one of my SILs. Thanks so much to everyone who posted.

ellsie22
10-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Check out the Combi Coccoro. They have a small footprint, allowing 3 of these convertibles to fit in a small car. I have been looking because we are hoping to have a 3rd, but the other 2 are still small and we have a Hyundai Elantra. They have lots of color choices. On Babies R Us website, they have a video showing 3 fitting in a Corolla in a combination of forward & rear facing. Good luck!