PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide... another MA or Frontier?

WatchingThemGrow
10-11-2009, 07:03 AM
We'll be moving DS2 in the next few months out of the SR22 into a MA. DD is in a MA from 2006, DS1 is in a MA from 2007, and we have another MA puzzled with the RN65s in DH's car. DD complains about the Radian and the Nautilus in ILs' car. She loves her MA, and we love that we have a spare cover that fits all seats.

The Crocodile MA (https://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/?E+scstore) is on sale at Traveling Tikes for $199 and the frontier is $210 (Sahara) on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Booster-Seat-Sahara/dp/B001NXDNVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1255258208&sr=8-2).

We have an 09 Odyssey, so what's the deal with Frontiers and Odysseys? Should I just leave DD in her MA since she can use it until it expires, which will be about when she grows out of it maybe. Will the convenience of having 3 of the same seat with a clean extra cover make life more manageable?

o_mom
10-11-2009, 07:32 AM
I think you would be fine with another MA now and then start investing in Frontiers when the older MAs start expiring. :)

AnnieW625
10-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Kind of a hard question. DD loves her Frontiers and loves the headwings and I love the no rethread harness.

Let's see:
DD1 moves to Frontier (only $11 more, seat lasts for 9 years; she can use until 07 Marathon expires and by then should be ready for a belted HBB, and DS2 for the Frontier)
DS1 moves to 06 Marathon
DS2 moves to 07 Marathon

There is really no downside on buying another Marathon, I just think money wise you'd get more out of the Frontier than you would the Marathon unless you decide you want to have another child.

arivecchi
10-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I know she is not planning on more kids from other posts :hysterical:, so I think a Frontier makes more sense for you if the older DD is FFing. Pass the Marathon to the babe. You could also get a Radian which rear faces to 45# and front faces to 80 for your older DD and pass that one to the babe and then get a booster for your DD. The Radian will give you a lot more room in your back seat as the Frontier is very wide.

WatchingThemGrow
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
yep, you're right...no more dc planned here...

She hates the radian, and I'm concerned about the amount of space the frontier would take up. Weren't there install issues with it? she loves her MA so much, I'm afraid to rock the boat. do others say the FR is comfy?

Joolsplus2
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
We love our Frontier. Once you become accustomed to the install, it's actually fine in most cars, and it's *extremely* comfy, very sleep supportive, tons of legroom, excellent booster, 9 year lifespan... Straps are a bit twisty and I don't love the mesh covers, but we deal, the rest of the seat is so nice.

arivecchi
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
The Frontier is nice and comfy. My son loves it.

AnnieW625
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
yep, you're right...no more dc planned here...

She hates the radian, and I'm concerned about the amount of space the frontier would take up. Weren't there install issues with it? she loves her MA so much, I'm afraid to rock the boat. do others say the FR is comfy?

I installed the Frontier with the short belt path in the Pilot last week with no issues. I was soo proud of myself:) Very happy with the install. Much easier in a larger car than the Corolla.