PDA

View Full Version : wooden food or kitchen accessories

ajmom
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for quality wooden food and/or kitchen accessories? DD has a kitchen and her birthday is coming up. I'd like to buy her some extra things to go with it, but don't want cheap crap. Where should I look?

firsttimemama
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
the cheapcher.com site where people were finding learning towers also has melissa & doug food - but if you search for "melissa & doug" - it won't come up. you have to like, search for food or something.

tj maxx often has some of the melissa & doug food

a week or so ago (?) fatbrain through amazon (like on amazon but sold by fatbrain) had some good deals on M&D food

kristac
10-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I prefer Plan Toys food over M&D. M&D tends to chip. But either way- the cutting foods are a big hit here. Not wood however my boys also love Learning Resources Smart Snacks. AC Moore carries M&D and you can use a coupon.

kijip
10-11-2009, 11:57 PM
The Plan cutting foods were a long time hit with T. My only advice is to avoid the HABA foods, especially when the child is younger or is the child has a baby sibling. They are freakishly small. Like not all that much larger than doll house sized things in some cases.

ajmom
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
The Plan cutting foods were a long time hit with T. My only advice is to avoid the HABA foods, especially when the child is younger or is the child has a baby sibling. They are freakishly small. Like not all that much larger than doll house sized things in some cases.
Thanks for the tip! I was looking at the Haba stuff. Good to know.

hillview
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM

:yeahthat: on both counts. The Plan stuff (cutting and other) has held up very well.
/hillary

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I prefer Plan Toys food over M&D. M&D tends to chip. But either way- the cutting foods are a big hit here. Not wood however my boys also love Learning Resources Smart Snacks. AC Moore carries M&D and you can use a coupon.

ITA about Plan being MUCH better than M&D, M&D chips soooo bad, but some sets no one else makes like sushi and baking cookies...