PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to Ferber a 1 yr old?

sak90027
10-12-2009, 01:17 AM
I am at my wits end and need some uninterrupted sleep. we didn't bother to sleep train our 12 month old son b/c at around 9 months he was waking once or twice and would go right back to sleep after i nursed him. i was ok with that. but for the past 5 nights he's been waking up erratically and can't seem to go back to sleep. last night he was up from 1-3am and the night before 2-4:30am. I nurse him and then when i put him back in his crib he wakes right up. he's also up a couple times other than the times he's awake. I thought ferber was cruel but now i'll do almost anything to get him to sleep. any experience on sleep training a 1 yr old? i'm afraid he'll end up standing in his crib and that'll be it. please help!!

jenny
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't think it's too late. If you are at your wit's end and are committed to doing it, then you should try it. You have to give it some time though. It might take a week or more of trying.

We've let DD cry up to 20 minutes until she fell asleep. It's hard, but worth it when they sleep 12 hours straight.

Katigre
10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Does he have his molars in? I'd hate to sleep train if he's teething and whenever my daughter's sleep has gotten weird it's often to do with teeth.

(Just a thought)