PDA

View Full Version : Best Chairs - Tryp Glider Recliner Feedback

dddhokie
10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Can anyone offer any advice or feedback on the Storytime Series Tryp Glider/Recliner?

I'm considering purchasing this one but haven't sat in it in person. I can't find a store near me that has it in stock, although they can custom order it. I hate to shell out big bucks for a chair I've never seen in real life. TIA!

diegosmom
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I wasn't interested in one of the wood rocker/gliders that look like they belong only in a nursery. I wanted a rocker/glider that could be used in a living room later. As a result I too looked at and serousily considered the Tryp. Then I found a Dutailier that I loved even better.

I don't remember exactly how much the tryp was but if memory serves me it was going to end up about 1000ish. Our dutailer was not much more and I have even seen them online with free shipping at Cymaxbaby. Caveat: I have never ordered from this site so I don't know much about them. Also, they do not carry the full line so you may want to check out Dutualier's website. I would check out Dutailer's Prestige line (it's in their regular funiture instead of their nursery section.) There are several options and they are all comfortable.

I sat in several Best Chairs and several Dutailiers and felt the overall quality and comfort of the Dutailier was much better. One of the best features of the Prestige line is that it also glides while reclined!!

I sympathize with you. I know how hard it is to buy online and I ended up driving all over South Florida so I could sit in a variet of chairs. Hope this helps.

dddhokie
10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks Diegosmom. I'll check into the Dutalier. Especially the prestige line. I too am looking for an upholstered chair that can be used elsewhere in the house. The Tryp is around $600 though. So hard to fork over the cash without seeing it in person.

kathleen08
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm not going to be a lot of help, other than I am trying to make the same decision!

We bought a Best upholstered glider and ottoman (the SAMI, I think) with baby #1 (she is now 4 1/2). We had it upholstered in one of their microfiber fabrics, and I swear it still looks like new AND we still use it almost every day. It is so comfortable, and worthy every penny we spent on it.

Anyway, we are debating with baby #2, using the same chair, or adding a new one to the family. There were many times that the recliner feature would have been sooooo nice to have, so I am leaning towards a new one, especially since the one we have still gets used.

The Tryp certainly certainly catches my eye, but our local retailer doesn't have any on the floor. Since we are so pleased with the Best quality, I'd like to go that route again, but will check out Dutualier or La-z-y Boy too.

happyturtles
10-16-2009, 01:50 AM
I was looking for the same upholstered look, but DH didn't mind the wood exposed, so I went with Best Chairs - Manuel. That was the most comfy chair for me after trying out other Best Chairs, Dutailers, and Shermags.

If you do want upholstered, the Best Chairs-Irvington was wonderful too. Swivels, glides, and reclines. It had high armrest (great for holding the baby while BFing), wider seat so a toddler could crawl on with you, and nice head high to rest the head (i'm 5'-6" tall).

I did try other Best Chairs, and i think one of them was the Tryp, but the Irvington is the one I liked. It was about $679, i think. I didn't get it, as my DH liked the feel of the Manuel more and it was $479.

When trying out the chairs, I sat first then looked at the tags, and found most of the ones i liked were Best Chairs. I think they had the best cushioning and back support for me. The Dutailers didn't feel as good to me.

maydaymommy
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a Storytime chair, and I don't remember which one it is, but it reclines and looks like the Tryp. I like it a lot.

However, reading the responses you got I realize that I would LOVE if it was able to glide/rock when in recline! Go for that feature if you can get it.

devonsmom
09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I bought the Tryp Best Chair. I spent months testing out all different chairs, all my mom friends told me to go with the Dutalier, but I wanted a chair that I could use after my daughter was older. The Tryp is the BEST chair ever. It is the softest, most cushioned, most comfortable chair ever! The recliner option is a major plus, because it makes an ottomon Optional not required. I take naps in it after she is put down in her crib. The chair doesn't look like it can only be in a nursery either, which makes it worth the money. Once your baby gets older and you no longer need it in their nursery, then you take it and put it in your living room, a study, any other room.