PDA

View Full Version : Question re: organizing closet and dressers

becca_g
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm looking for baskets (or other types of organizers/dividers) for DSs closet system and the drawers in his changing table and dresser. Any recommendations for stores or specific products?

Prefer to order online if possible but not an absolute. Also prefer cloth baskets/organizers but considering plastic or cloth-lined wicker as well.

If specifics will help ...

Room is khaki with navy, red, and brown accents.

Closet shelves are 12" deep.

Drawers in changing table are:
10"W x 14"D x 3"H
10"W x 14"D x 7"H

Drawers in dresser are:
24"W x 14"D x 5"H

Also looking for a tall laundry hamper for the closet ... prefer one that is divided into at least 2 sections for sorting. Maximum width/depth 23" x 24".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ExcitedMamma
10-13-2009, 11:38 AM
To organize the drawers in our nursery I bought Dream Drawer - Spring Loaded Drawer Dividers - Set of 2 - (White) from Target B&M but you can buy them online from Amazon and other sites. I found that they had great online reviews so I bought one set which divided one drawer into three sections and liked it so much I bought 2 more sets for the other 2 drawers. I really like that they are spring loaded and therefore fit all drawers and are something that can always be used.

Also recommend plastic storage boxes, I bought small boxes at great prices from Walmart to organize small items like toiletries and larger boxes from costco to hold clothes and diapers. Luckily our nursery has lots of built in shelves so the boxes go great on those and are way cheaper than the colorful canvas ones sold at baby stores.

I also bought a great organizer at Target that when built has 9 squares and they sell the colorful canvas totes to fit in very cheap (like $3 each) so I bought 6 totes to use for toys and the other squares to hold books. The table also doubles as an end table next to the glider to hold a drink for me.

Have you seen the hanging bag storage dividers? Those could be great for your closet. Good luck organizing!

zag95
10-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Koala Baby (avail at BRU and possibly other stores) makes some really nice fabric bins- which are great for organizing. BRU was having a sale when I was purchasing them- by one get one 1/2 off. They ran about 10 each. They are pretty deep- and have squares, as well as some more rectangular shapes.
I bought several (in red, and navy) for DD's changing table. And one in green for her bottom shelf of her bookcase (for soft toys, balls, small stuffed animals, etc.

Here is a link!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3006549

I also have a larger wicker backed with handles for some toy storage in her bedroom.

I would organize by hanging larger sizes in the closet, and then having the more accessible clothing and current sizes in the dresser- and rotate them that way- it is easier to hang- and then you aren't always getting into the closet-

I also have a large clear bin that I put the "too small" clothes into as I am rotating.

Hope this helps! Congrats!