PDA

View Full Version : fuzzibunz versus thirsties

sste
10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
DS's new daycare requires cloth diapers and they provide all the dipes - - I just need to buy diaper covers. Which do you recommend between thirsties and fuzzibunz? Also, are there any good sources to buy discounted or used?

Thanks!

NewMom2007
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Check out diaperswappers.com for used and for lots of opinions. Also, diaperpin.com has great reviews - you can check reviews just for covers.

My fuzzibunz are pocket diapers, not covers - do they sell only covers? There are a lot of covers out there - depends on what type of material you want (PUL, wool, cotton) or which the daycare will want.

Very cool that your daycare uses cloth!

kijip
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Fuzzibunz are a pocket diaper, not a cover. Though they can put their prefolds in them. Thirsties covers are nice. Other nice, inexpensive, covers for prefolds are Bummis (with velcro or snaps), Prowraps and Green Mountain. Awesome that they do all cloth!

sste
10-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Thank you!! Apparently I was going to buy the wrong thing. Will buy covers and am def. checking out diaperswappers. I am also pretty impressed by the cloth diaper thing at the daycare. Thanks again.

ETA: Daycare is fine with any cover. I just wanted one that will feel nice for DS and ideally that will grow with him (he is 23 months) until he pottytrains. That is why the Thirsties Duo seemed like an option . .

BayGirl2
10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
I have a Thirsties Duo cover and I like it. I use it with a Thirsties Fab Fitted, not a prefold, but it never has leaked. They have a trim fit and cute colors too.

If you got the larger size Duo it would probably last for the duration. But you may want to search the general message board on diaperswappers to see what size toddlers people have been able to fit in the Duo's, just to be sure.

I'm so jealous of your daycare. Where do you live?

kijip
10-13-2009, 02:20 AM
ETA: Daycare is fine with any cover. I just wanted one that will feel nice for DS and ideally that will grow with him (he is 23 months) until he pottytrains. That is why the Thirsties Duo seemed like an option . .

My niece is 2 years old and Thirsties are my brother's go to cover for her. I agree that they would be a good choice for your son. We have a few Thirsties covers and they are really nice. They run big IMO- F is in Mediums for everything else but smalls for Thirsties. They cover any diaper, no matter how big and bulky.

sste
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks! I will try out the thirsties duo and check the sizing. DS is pretty big for his age and almost 2 so I bet he is the larger size. To the pp, I am in Chicago and the daycare is an eco-concious center that just opened in a leeds certified building, serves organic meals etc.
http://www.littlegreentreehouse.com/

I would tend to think these are going to catch on in other cities. The pricing is similar to other naeyc certified, nicer daycares in my city and the environmental extras are very nice.

maestramommy
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I used Thirsties covers practically exclusively. I LOVE em. I bought a load of size smalls for Laurel off Diaperswappers for around $7 a piece. They were billed as EUC and looked pretty much new when I got them.

BayGirl2
10-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks! I will try out the thirsties duo and check the sizing. DS is pretty big for his age and almost 2 so I bet he is the larger size. To the pp, I am in Chicago and the daycare is an eco-concious center that just opened in a leeds certified building, serves organic meals etc.
http://www.littlegreentreehouse.com/

I would tend to think these are going to catch on in other cities. The pricing is similar to other naeyc certified, nicer daycares in my city and the environmental extras are very nice.

Very cool. I'm in SF/Berkeley and I haven't heard of a center that eco friendly around here! One I visited used to provide cloth, but they stopped because people had so many different preferences.

You'll definitely need the larger size Duo. DS is only 12.5 lbs but tall and I already have the small size totally unsnapped. It will be too short in the rise within a couple inches.