PDA

View Full Version : Kissing tonsils

infomama
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Dd1 is down with a virus and the doc mentioned that she almost has kissing tonsils. Then he proceeded to ask me if she snores or STOPS BREATHING at night. I am so concerned. Anyone have any experience with kissing tonsils?

kransden
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Yep, it can cause sleep apnea. DD got hers out, and my life is much better now :).

infomama
10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Did you go to an ENT and they just told you to have them removed or did she have apnea?

kransden
10-13-2009, 12:07 AM
We went to an ENT. He looked at her and questioned us. She snored like a drunk sailor on shore leave. (This isn't always the case.) She always had screaming fits etc. and was never a pleasant child. After the worst 2 weeks of my life when she recovered. Her entire personality changed to happy. It's amazing how sleep can change everything! So they didn't hook her up to the machines, but she wouldn't have let them anyway.

Kymberley
10-13-2009, 12:12 AM
We went to an ENT. He looked at her and questioned us. She snored like a drunk sailor on shore leave. (This isn't always the case.) She always had screaming fits etc. and was never a pleasant child. After the worst 2 weeks of my life when she recovered. Her entire personality changed to happy. It's amazing how sleep can change everything! So they didn't hook her up to the machines, but she wouldn't have let them anyway.

Same thing happened with my teacher's son. He went from a little terror to a totally delightful child!