PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Graco Nautt or Apex in HBB mode?

clc053103
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
My DS is outgrowing the harness on every carseat....all I can say is, he's a burly little guy! As he outgrows each harness, I am switching to a booster, the last to go will be the Apex and the Nautilis as they seem to have the longest harnesses.

I know there has been mention of issues with the GN and Apex in booster mode but I don't remember what the issues were-can anyone share? I want to see if these seats are going to be a problem for us in booster and if so, I will just replace with designated HBB.

In case this helps, DS is 45 inches, 61 lbs. I just used a B510 for the first time and he's a great fit in it- seatbelt definitely low on the thighs, not on the belly. Also seems fine in a turbobooster though I see him outgrowing that soon.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Joolsplus2
10-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Just as long as the seatbelt is low, touching the thighs, it's fine :). Monterey, Parkway, and Oobr are taller than the Turbo or Nauti or Compass, FWIW :)

clc053103
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks- I was thinking it was something more "major", hopefully they are a decent fit on a larger child. I will try them out to make sure the seatbelt sits low enough. If I end up needing to replace either the Apex or Nauti for fit, I may go with a Monterey. I am avoiding the parkway b/c i was told it's better for skinny kids- and not by any stretch is this boy skinny!

Thanks again!