PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Thirsties pocket AIOs?

maestramommy
10-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I love Thirsties covers so much I decided to give their AIOs a try. I need a nighttime diaper for Laurel because a prefold just isn't enough for all night, even with a hemp doubler. I also bought some more Thirsties hemp doublers to put into the AIOs.

Anyone have experience with them? Do they work as well as say, Bum Genius? I know they're not exactly the same. I don't have any experience with AIOs and only know they take longer to dry. I have a lot of BGs but I'm not having much luck with the One Size on smaller bottoms.

babygirl1029
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
The place that I just bought my cloth diapers through recommended Bamboozles for night-time. I haven't had my baby yet or received my order so I can't really attest to the quality.

JBaxter
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I have one thirsties AIO and I would say no they are not as nice a bumgenius. I found it not as absorbant. I prefer either bumgenius, haute pocket or fuzzibunz over the thirsties AIO.

BayGirl2
10-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I used Thirsties AIOs in XS when DS was a newborn, we have a full stash. We loved them during the day for their ease of use, fit, and cuteness. However, they did not work for us at night. They need to be changed every 2-3 hours on a NB and even with a stuffer they didn't last long enough. Also the stuffer made them a tighter fit in the rise. We used fitteds and a wool cover at night, just seems to work better.

I did have a couple BG AIOs in XS within the rotation and I ALWAYS skipped them for the Thirsties. The BG are broader in the crotch, and I felt like they leaked more often. I also didn't like the velcro tabs or the laundry tabs as much in the BG. Now we use BG Organic AIOs during the day and they are more absorbent. But since they are OS, they have a lot more bulk.

ETA- Our AIOs dry fast because we do an extra spin cycle in the washer (called "max extract" on our Maytag). I found the Thirsties AIOs didn't take too long to dry compared to fitteds.