PDA

View Full Version : quick e-bay help needed!

wolverine2
10-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I've only sold on e-bay a couple of times, and realized I made a mistake on a listing that ends tonight. I wrote the wrong color in the description (though the correct color is obvious in the picture and in the title). When I try to click on "edit my listing" it won't seem to let me go in and change anything. Can I change that word?

Also, I only realized this b/c there was a buyer question, which I answered, but it won't be posted to the listing because it ends today? How do I let everyone know the correct color?

Thanks,

veronica
10-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't believe that auctions can be changed within 12 hours of ending.

You can contact ebay help and see if they will let you-otherwise, I'd contact your high bidders now and let them know about it. Offer to let them out of the transaction, if they wish. Then you can relist it correctly. If you get a "winner" that does not like the color issue, then they can also mutually cancel with you and you would get your listing fees back.
hth

wolverine2
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks, that seems to be the problem, because it ends within 12 hours. I hope this works out and people are understanding, or my selling career on e-bay will be short lived!!

wolverine2
10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
deleted- figured it out!