PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree question

ShanaMama
10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I usually shop strictly at the outlet but got sucked into the store by Gymbucks.... I think we should start a Gymbo Anonymous group because I'm becoming addicted!
Now I need to return some of the things I bought with Gymbucks. Will they allow me to do an exchange and transfer the savings? Or since Gymbucks is over will I have to pay full price for the new items?
Thanks!

bubbaray
10-14-2009, 10:29 AM
AFAIK, you can only exchange for the same item in a different size.

mominma
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
If you return the item, you will only get the Gymbuck discounted price credited back. They will allow you to exchange for the exact same item. If you wanted to exchange for something else , you could return w/o receipt and get a credit for the current selling price.

citymama
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
ShanaMama, haven't seen you around in AGES! Just wanted to say hi and welcome back. :)

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Ok, so here's what they told ME this month. You can return an item you bought using gymbucks, but you have to buy an item of the exact same price as the one you are returning. I turned in a top for DS, got some leggings and socks for DD instead.

I, of course, didn't want to shop by looking for the exact price. I got some socks and other things that added up to the price. They said "just this once" and let me do it anyway.

veronica
10-14-2009, 02:32 PM
OK ladies, here are the details from your fellow addict:

On you receipt, it should say that DURING GYMBUCKS REDEMPTION, you can exchange and keep the value of the gymbuck for an item that is equal or higher in value. I.E. You bought something at $10, it cost $5 with gymbucks, so you can exchange for something that is $10+ and you will be fine or owe more, if it is more. It does not have to be exactly what you paid the first time (some associates say that but I confirmed with gymbo corp. that is not true, it can be higher in value and I have done that fine)

Once gymbucks redemption is over (it's over now): you get what you paid back. so, if you return with your reciept now, you would get back the discounted price back.

So-what PP said, you are better off at this point, returning without a receipt and getting a store credit if that is something you want to do.

Welcome to the gymbo world-happy shopping!