PDA

View Full Version : Request for Some P&PT

AshleyAnn
10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
As you know from my previous BPs DH and I are in a rough spot at the moment, well we've decided it was time to put in a request for DH to be granted emergency relief by the military and be switched from the Reserves to Active Duty. Its just a request that can be turned down at any one of the 4 levels it must be approved at and it can take over 6 months to get the process completed but it also can be rushed through it all just depends on how lucky you are. He was warned a month ago that we had until the end of last month to get started if we were going to do it or it would be harder to get it approved. He had some good job prospects and we were both in a bit of denial about how rough things were getting and we weren't really happy with the idea we'd have to move so soon to the baby coming. Now we realize we're desperate and are putting in the paperwork today. If everyone could just cross thier fingers and hope/pray this happens quickly and painlessly before the baby gets here I'd appreciate it.

Also if anyone has any info on a quick Army PCS they'd like to pass along I'd appreciate it too. We've never PCSed before and I'm nervous how its supposed to work with a new baby and a request for quick action. I've known other Army wives to talk about saving money for thier first PCS but doesn't the Army cover most of it???

maidofclay
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
That's a tough one! I will be praying for you. My husband is recently separated from active duty and has been trying to get signed up in the reserve for about 4 mos now, so I know how incredibly frustrating the bureaucracy of the Army can be.

I'm not sure about a rushed PCS, but I do know that the Army was really good for helping with every move my husband ever made (to & from Europe as well as Egypt and even paid when he got out of Active to move Al to Tx). I was especially impressed that when he moved back from Europe they packed all of his things really well. Sometimes you get more out of it if you do a DItY, but if you are due soon that may not be the best way. It seemed to me that my DH's friends all knew the ins-and-outs of how to work that system really well, so maybe someone at your post will have some good tips?

I hope things work out!
L