PDA

View Full Version : Playroom desks and storage options?

PAfirsttimemom
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
We currently use our formal living room as a playroom for our sons (ages 1 and 3.5). I'm looking to add some extra toy storage and at least one desk on which to put our older computer for DS1 to use . I've looked at the collections at Pottery Barn Kids, and they seem very nice but expensive. I found the option below that appears to be similar in look to the Thomas collection at PBK (but much less $$). Does anyone have any experience with furniture from The Company Store/Company Kids? What is the quality like?

http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent/Furniture+Storage+Desks+Chairs/5706/XO36X/

Please feel free to offer other suggestions for sources/furniture brands/collections you love.

Thanks!

PAfirsttimemom
10-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Just bumping up. Surprised no one has any suggestions on quality playroom furniture?

Thanks again!

WatchingThemGrow
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Our gym uses the kidkraft avalon table and chair set for the kid computer. We have the same table, and it is fine. Not pbk quality, but fine nonetheless.

KrisM
10-18-2009, 01:23 PM
No suggestions on that brand, other than it is pretty expensive and I can't imagine spending that much on playroom storage.

Many people like things from Ikea - Trofast and Expedit. Neither are desks though.

I'm cheap and our desk was something I picked up along the side of the road :).

ellies mom
10-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Ikea sells tabletops and legs separately. They have two different length leg heights and some that are adjustable. We have a top with a set of the shorter legs in the play room as a table. And we are planning on getting a top with the adjustable legs for a desk for Ellie. They also sell office chairs that are height adjustable enough for a child to use. All of this stuff is in the workplace section.

PAfirsttimemom
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We were actually thinking about making a trip to Ikea this weekend, but we didn't get there. We are currently using two older Billy bookcases and two wall shelves with brackets from Ikea on one wall, so going there for the additional storage and desk(s) might work. We want to make the room look as neat and organized as possible, because it is the first room people see when they walk into our house.

KrisM
10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
This thread got me looking into a desk for the kids for a computer. Not for the playroom, but for our kitchen or family room. I think we are going to get this:

http://www.wildzoo.com/Buddy.htm

Other sites have it cheaper, but that's the main site. I like that it's a bench, not a chair, and that more than 1 kid can sit on it. Also, being attached it a big plus!

PAfirsttimemom
10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Kris, that desk looks cool! Love the buddy bench. Thanks for the link.