PDA

View Full Version : Radian - 2 questions

KrisM
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
One of the plastic prongs on the chest clip broke off today when DS was getting in the seat. So, my questions:

1. Anyone have a phone number for Sunshine Kids? I can't find it online, but haven't dug in the manual yet.

2. I am pretty sure I can swap a Britax Boulevard clip. Is this right? Just the clip and not the HUGS, right?

Thanks.

KrisM
10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Found the number on the manual. In case anyone needs it, it's 888-336-7909. The Technical Support person I talked to said that testing is done and passed without the chest clip, so it's fine to use either broken or not at all. They are sending me a new one.

But, they wanted the S/N from the seat. She told me where to find it and I asked if I could call her back with it, since the RN is in the middle and another seat is next to it, so I can't see the S/N without un-installing the other seat. She asked if I could "just tip one of the seats sideways without uninstalling it". I was amazed. Really? It should be so loose that I should be able to tip the seat enough to read something?? I responded that they were installed correctly and didn't move at all, let alone enough to tip it over and she seemed really surprised.

AshleyAnn
10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
But, they wanted the S/N from the seat. She told me where to find it and I asked if I could call her back with it, since the RN is in the middle and another seat is next to it, so I can't see the S/N without un-installing the other seat. She asked if I could "just tip one of the seats sideways without uninstalling it". I was amazed. Really? It should be so loose that I should be able to tip the seat enough to read something?? I responded that they were installed correctly and didn't move at all, let alone enough to tip it over and she seemed really surprised.

WOW! :31:

I think I would have asked to speak to her manager.

westgre
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
This happened to us this morning. I have no clue where my manual is, so thanks for posting the phone number. They're sending me a new chestclip, but also said the seat was tested without it.

craftysierra
11-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Well I read this and the next day loading my daughter after preschool one prong of the clip was broken...

tiapam
12-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Ours just broke too. Thanks for the info. They have a clip for sale on their website that seems like it would be more comfortable, is this the one they are sending out and are they sending it for free?

http://www.skjp.com/product/0/10256/_/Lock_Tite%26%238482%3B

maestramommy
12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Hel-lo! I was thinking of buying the Radian as our next seat, but now this thread is making me wonder. Does anyone know if the chestclips are prone to breaking for some reason?

tiapam
12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I believe the clip on ours was an old style, it is bulkier than the one I linked to on their website. DD may have been partly responsible for the clip breaking, but I really don't know. We have been very happy with the Radian overall, especially when we used it in our smaller car. DD is about to outgrow it and we will use it for DS next.

westgre
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Ours just broke too. Thanks for the info. They have a clip for sale on their website that seems like it would be more comfortable, is this the one they are sending out and are they sending it for free?

That's the one I received and they sent it for free.

bubbaray
12-09-2009, 04:45 PM
They redesigned the clips somewhat recently. IIRC, you can also use the Britax chest clip (apparently SKJP tested with a Britax chest clip). In a pinch (ie., broken and are waiting to receive replacement in the mail), I would personally continue to use a harnessed seat without a chest clip -- its just a pre-crash positioner, it d/n hold the child in the seat in a crash. European seats often don't have chest clips at all.

KrisM
12-09-2009, 05:05 PM

That's what we got too.

o_mom
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Hel-lo! I was thinking of buying the Radian as our next seat, but now this thread is making me wonder. Does anyone know if the chestclips are prone to breaking for some reason?

I have two that are about 3 years old and haven't had an issue even when the kids jam the clip together wrong. :)