PDA

View Full Version : Considering magnatiles-looking for a deal?

veronica
10-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I am just not sure how much play they would get and think the cost is outrageous.

Any deals on the 100 clear set? that seems to be the most popular on the threads I have read here but I don't know if/when someone might have a holiday deal or if they will be sold out?

TIA

debbo
10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I just saw this on slickdeals. Don't know if it would work but says you can get 20% from magnatile website. Still seems expensive to me, but I've also heard great things about them.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=677483&t=1607191

jent
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting that. I've been looking for a deal too. Didn't try it yet, hope it works.

jgenie
10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Did anyone try this? I wasn't able to add my state to my registration so I can't order. Anyone else have problems?

Nevermind - I got it. :)

nrp
10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Just another plug for Magnatiles. I bought our 100 piece translucent set a year ago and they are just in the last month getting a TON of play from DD.

brittone2
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Another plug for them. I held off for a long time due to cost and the fact that I usually don't like having a ton of plastic toys. I saw the recommendations here over and over but couldn't fathom spending $100 for a set.

Last year DS and DD got some extra gift $$ from relatives that insisted we use it to buy them something, and we used some of it toward a set of 100 magnatiles. My kids absolutely love them and all of the kids that visit our house usually enjoy them as well. They are a great, open-ended toy and I'm glad I finally buckled and spent the $. We could use another set...my kids build some huge creations LOL.

KrisM
10-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I got a great deal a couple years ago and we now have 200 pieces. They get played with weekly still. They are huge hits when other kids are over as well.

ett
10-15-2009, 10:57 PM
We also love our Magnatiles here, and so does all the kids that come over to our house. We had a small set for a couple of years and then finally last year, I asked my mom and sister to give the boys the 100 piece set for Christmas. I found a great deal a Discount School Supply where it came out to be around $90 shipped.