PDA

View Full Version : Snap Circuits for a 5yo?

turtledove
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm starting my Christmas shopping, and I'm wondering if this would be too advanced for my niece (who will turn 5 on Jan. 6). She is very mechanically inclined, and is always asking questions on how things work, what makes things go, etc. I see it is rated for ages 8 and up, but noticed that others use it for younger children. If not this gift, any other suggestions?

TIA!

KrisM
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
DS got the 100 set for his 5th birthday. He can't read the "why" explainations, but can follow the diagrams to put the circuits together just fine. I think 5 is a great age for it.

Momof3Labs
10-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I believe that DS1 got his first set for his sixth birthday, and he was very much ready for it. I'd agree that a 5yo who can follow instructions (pictures) could do it.

brittone2
10-15-2009, 10:05 PM
DS got the 100 set for his 5th birthday. He can't read the "why" explainations, but can follow the diagrams to put the circuits together just fine. I think 5 is a great age for it.

:yeahthat:

DS has the 750 project set. He's 5.5 and we've had it for probably a year now. He can follow the diagrams and understand some of the whys with our help. He enjoys it a lot and it is definitely something that can grow w/ them IMO.

turtledove
10-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm going to go ahead and order it! I think she will be thrilled!