PDA

View Full Version : Castle Logix or Royal Rescue for a 7yo?

Momof3Labs
10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Working on Christmas lists for the kids. Would Castle Logix or Royal Rescue be appropriate for 7yo DS? Many of the Amazon reviews are for kids a couple of years younger than him.

AmyZ
10-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I was talking with a girlfriend about one of those, can't remember which one... her son - about 5.5 breezed thru more than half of it. I think it would be way to easy for a 7 year old.

ett
10-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I agree. We only have Royal Rescue, but I think it would be too easy for a 7 year old, especially if he is good at these kind of logic puzzles. DS1 got it when he turned 6 and he was able to figure out a good number of them himself. So he may not get a lot of play out of it, but it could be passed on to younger siblings.

Thinkfun has a lot of these kind of games for ages 8+, so I think those would be more challenging for your DS.

Momof3Labs
10-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Thank you - will cross this off of the list! We have several ThinkFun games; I just thought that this would be a little different but kinda thought it looked easy from the pics on Amazon. Perhaps next year for DS2!