PDA

View Full Version : Three across in 2008 CRV, and 2009 Accord

Shazia
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Ladies,
I searched for any thread about 3 across... but couldn't find anything. I appreciate all your advice
We have a 4.5 year old and a 2yr old in Britax RA- both are FF.
the older DD has a while to go before her shoulders are above top harness slot, so atleast another 6 months to go before we need to change anything (at which point the RA is going to expire). We are wondering what to get her next after that, would prefer to keep her harnessed, and we will need to fit an infant seat in also, probably a new Graco snugride as I am partial to those bucket seats...
so what if anything can I get to get three across in the CRV... and do I need to get the little DD a new seat too to get the three of them in?
I am taking notes. since we cannot change the car, and there will be three kiddies what to do?!

Shazia

WatchingThemGrow
10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
We had a 2005 CRV, so different body style, but...We had 2 Marathons and a Radian, or 2 Marathons and a Snugride, or MA, Radian, Snugride. The Radian works well in 3 across situations, and you could probably put your middle one in the middle RF in a Marathon (if weight is okay) or the older one in a Radian in the middle or on the side. Getting in around 2 RFing seats is tricky, though.

After all my research and trying seats out, 14 days after the baby was born, DH said we had to buy a van. He couldn't stand the drama of having them that close, and it was hard to reach the baby without getting completely out of the car. Our DC are much younger than your oldest one, so that was part of our problem.

AnnieW625
10-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I think you might want to look at at a Radian for DD1 to use as long as you want to keep her harnessed. I don't know if a Radian, a RA, and a Snugride would work in the CRV, but it should work in the Accord. The best bet would be to go to a baby store that has both Radian and Graco and try them out yourself with your RA.

WatchingThemGrow
10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Oh, I forgot to answer the Accord part...we have a 2001 Accord with two Radians outboard and a Marathon RF in the center. A Roundabout would work in that spot as well.

We kept saying that 3 new seats (if we needed them) was a lot more economical than a new car. oh well.

niccig
10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
You need a Radian in that mix, and the narrowest infant seat, I think it's the key fit. You might try to get a Radian and a keyfit and play with different configurations with one of your Roundabouts. I have a 2008 CRV and I got 3 across with a snugride, but without the base. I didn't have a Radian though, that would have given us enough room for the snugride base. I only do 3 across for carpool, so I got a Rider Safe vest for DS to wear in the center and then I can get any 2 car seats either side. The vest is too fiddly for daily use though.

westgre
10-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I had a KeyFit30 with base, a GracoPlatinum Cargo, and a Britax Parkway in my CR-V when DS#2 was in an infant seat. Now I have the Cargo, the Parkway, and a Radian. You can definitely fit three across, you just have to find the right seats. Look on elitecarseats.com -- they ususally list width of seats. Shoot for 17" width. Then, I would order from them and be sure to get the return shipping guarantee in case one of the seats doesn't work and you have to do an exchange.