PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as a leak proof sippy?

L'sMommy
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
DS is 9mo and he chews on the Nuby nipples so the water/juice spills out. I just tried the gerber graduates with the valve, but am having leakage issues. Looking for ideas before i spend more money and accumulate clutter in my kitchen.

AlbrightRC
10-17-2009, 11:45 AM
We have good luck with the playtex ones with the handles..some water will come out if he's swinging and banging the cup but with normal use its fine.

Reyadawnbringer
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM
We have good luck with the playtex ones with the handles..some water will come out if he's swinging and banging the cup but with normal use its fine.

:yeahthat:

We use the playtex ones with the handles because they are the only ones we have foound that have minimal leakage. And by minimal I mean I don't fear sticking it in my purse with cell phone and iPod.

happy2bamom
10-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I like the Nalgene ones. They are bigger than a regular sippy, so I can use them with my 3 & 5 year olds (they look sporty). I have never had a problem with leaking and they get pretty abused at my house.

lchang25000
10-17-2009, 11:56 PM
I third the Playtex ones with the double handles.

MontrealMum
10-18-2009, 12:10 AM
KK and Foogo are pretty good at not leaking, though KK is better. And there's a new small KK w/sports cap which includes a cap for the spout which is even better. The Foogo will leak if it falls over in the stroller basket, for example, and lays on its side for awhile. Avent is hit-or-miss. We have one that leaks (droplets) super-easy, and one that leaks if banged on the table and/or held upside down too long ;) They're also super-easy for DC to unscrew, which results in water gushing out (obviously). The absolute WORST for leaking IME is the Born Free sippy. Hold it upside down and the water just pours out - very disappointing.

Babymakes3
10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I hate the nuby ones, they leak everywhere! I have had good luck with the Gerber ones though, the only time i had one leak is when ds threw it out of the stroller and the valve popped out inside. We have a couple Avent ones and i dont recall them leaking either but ds didnt like the spouts on them so we dont use them.

Accountant
10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
DS could never figure out a sippy cup if it had the valve in, so I actually removed them. Had several messy weeks before I discovered the take-and-toss cups (Gerber? at any grocery store). They don't have a valve but somehow are much less leaky than other sippy cups with the valve removed. Also liked the fact that I didn't have to wash (and lose) valves.

ourbabygirl
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Yep, definitely Playtex. They're the only ones she likes using and will use, and the only ones we've found that won't leak (of the ones we've tried). It's good because we can get them at our local grocery store or Target or wherever.

catpagmo
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
DS could never figure out a sippy cup if it had the valve in, so I actually removed them. Had several messy weeks before I discovered the take-and-toss cups (Gerber? at any grocery store). They don't have a valve but somehow are much less leaky than other sippy cups with the valve removed. Also liked the fact that I didn't have to wash (and lose) valves.

Definitely going to check those out. I HATE cleaning sippy cup valves.