PDA

View Full Version : Would you wear this............

newg
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
while prego............and then while nursing and also taking care of a toddler??

I'm thinking of giving it as a b-day gift to my prego friend...............

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EE-253184&page=1&cgname=OSCLOALSCRD&rfnbr=6491&atp=a

pastrygirl
10-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't wear anything that's not machine wash/dry when nursing... It's cashmere, so I'm guessing it's dry clean or hand wash only.

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Agreed- I want to be able to wash things when nursing.

Also, that style only works on the tall. If she is not over like 5'7" it isn't a style she may be able to pull off. Maybe it's because I'm real short (5'2") and I know that it would look ridiculous on me.

Beth

kijip
10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I am not a fan of anything resembling a robe meant to be worn out of doors. I am tall but I think I look absurd. I am envious of the model types that can make it work.

citymama
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM
I think it's really cute, actually. I doubt I would wear it when nursing an infant or little baby, but I would while pregnant or when nursing an older baby/toddler less frequently.

AshleyAnn
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Me? No. I'm short and those just bring it out. While pregnant I don't wear anything that involves a belt or would have to wrap around me.

Kymberley
10-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I'd totally wear it. Personal preference, of course, but I love sweaters while nursing.

bubbaray
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Nope, but I can't wear any sort of wool -- cashmere or otherwise.

I'm 5'9" and slim. I'd have to be having a "thin" day to wear that.

newg
10-17-2009, 07:41 PM
hmmmm.............I was thinking she might like it just open with a nursing tank under it so she wouldn't have to take so many layers off............and then maybe later on she could wrap it around her waist more.........

........the hand washing does concern me.......I was hoping maybe with the cotton in it, she might be able to get away with a delicate wash??

thanks for the input!!

ryanmom
10-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a similar one that I got in cotton from Anthroplogie. I got it right before I found out I was pregnant and it has become a wardrobe staple. Before I showed, I could tie it in the back a la ballet teacher style. Now that I'm 8 mos. pregnant, I usually tie it loosely in the front below my bump. It is great in that I can throw it on over a maternity T and still be warm. Plus, I do think it will come in handy when I'm nursing-- perfect for over a nursing tank.

A good friend of mine has a similar one and she's not pregnant. It looks fabulous on her (she's about 5'7 and slender)... I'm 5'3 and more athletic looking but I've gotten lots of positive comments about it whenever I've worn it so I don't think the style is limited to the tall and thin.

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2009, 08:55 AM
hmmmm.............I was thinking she might like it just open with a nursing tank under it so she wouldn't have to take so many layers off............and then maybe later on she could wrap it around her waist more.........

........the hand washing does concern me.......I was hoping maybe with the cotton in it, she might be able to get away with a delicate wash??

thanks for the input!!

I just find robes to get in the way and wouldn't like wearing that vs a regular shirt over a nursing tank. Again, like a pp said, total personal preference.

Beth

maylips
10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I am nursing now and buying lots of long cardigans - mainly to hide half of my body while I'm losing weight. I would wear it but be cautious about the open front - if you can't ever cinch it without a belt it can become a pain because it will fly open when picking up the toddler, etc. This is not good when you're trying to hide your belly (BTDT).

Of course, I'm over thinking this too - I would love it as a gift (but I'm 5'9 and normally slim)

ahrimie
10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Ohhh... I'd wear it!! But a pp mentioned it's a bit long ... and thinking about it, I think it'd be too long for me too (5'3). But I don't think it looks like a robe at all. I don't like the robe sweater look but this is more of a sweater wrap. A lot of places are making styles like this where the front flutters. I think it's extremely versatile too. I'm actually looking for one this season.

And for dry clean, you can just wash it in cold water inside a lingerie/mesh bag. I do it all the time with my delicate sweaters. Just lay flat to dry (or off the kitchen chair I like I do). :)

Melaine
10-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I would definitely wear it....I love it and think it would be a really good choice except for the dry cleaning that pp mentioned. That's a deal breaker for me.