PDA

View Full Version : Eat!!!!!!

DietCokeLover
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
So beyond frustrated with DCs. They won't eat anything anymore. I make dinner every night and they end up throwing it on the ground or pushing it away. I am so sick of it. I'm just done. If I didn't think I'd get turned in to CPS or something, I'd stop serving dinner. They don't eat it anyway!!!!

I'm so stressed out about this that I can't see straight.

DD will only eat breakfast these days. And DS, will eat breakfast and lunch. But neither will eat dinner. UGH!!!!!

MamaMolly
10-17-2009, 10:01 PM
DD is also a non-eater. Lives on air and love. Drives me bonkers. It is the hardest thing to let go of, isn't it? Recently DD has been more open to eating things she makes herself or to anything called a 'snack'. Dinner? Breakfast? Lunch? NO way. But put that same cereal in a plastic baggy and call it a snack and she'll eat it. I just try to make everything as healthy as I can. Maximum nutrition for minimum bites.

bubbaray
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Welcome to my world. It started with not eating dinner. Then it was not eating lunch, and now it is also sometimes not eating b-fast. So much fun.

I will say, DD#1 is getting better. DD#2 is still my Chia Pet. Sigh.

MMEand1
10-17-2009, 10:41 PM
This is why my DH and I are amazed that our DD is THRIVING - she has NEVER been a good eater. She will not eat and we still cannot figure out how she is still growing. My DH cooks awesome meals (he has done some private catering) and she will only pick at them until she feels the need to be "done".

When you find a solution, please let me know!

almostamom
10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
DD is also a non-eater. Lives on air and love. Drives me bonkers. It is the hardest thing to let go of, isn't it? Recently DD has been more open to eating things she makes herself or to anything called a 'snack'. Dinner? Breakfast? Lunch? NO way. But put that same cereal in a plastic baggy and call it a snack and she'll eat it. I just try to make everything as healthy as I can. Maximum nutrition for minimum bites.

I could have written every single word of this!! I've resorted to Instant Breakfasts with DS. I've even had his OT working with him in an attempt to get him to eat something other than a "snack".

No magic tricks for any of you; just know you're not alone.

Linda

kransden
10-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Are they under weight?

LarsMal
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Add mine to the list. It drives me insane!! Mine are consistently in the 25th percentile for weight. As long as they stay there and don't fall below, I don't even worry about it anymore.

I didn't read all of the other replies, so I don't know if this has been mentioned- sorry if I'm repeating...

Our old ped had told me if they eat in 3-4 days what I would expect them to eat in one day they are doing fine. The new ped said it's more like 4-6 days. They'll eat breakfast and lunch and then pick at dinner. I'm at the point now where I hardly even cook for *them*. I just make what I want and if they eat it, great, if not- whatever! The ped said to just keep offering the healthy, well balanced foods and don't sweat it if they don't eat it. I guess they will eventually. Until then, it's chicken and/or pasta with one of three green veggies!

MamaMolly
10-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Are they under weight?

Nope. DD is on the same growth curve she's been on for a long time. Right about the 25th %ile for height and weight. She's likely going to be a shorty, but given that her Grandma and aunties on both sides barely crack the 5 foot mark it isn't a huge surprise. Our ped said not to worry about it since she's healthy, proportional, and always showing she's growing. Easier said than done, though.

alirebco
10-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Have you read any of the Ellyn Satter books? I found them really helpful when DS was being picky and he's now a great eater. I have also heard that you have to look at their week's nutrition and not just the day.

DietCokeLover
10-18-2009, 11:43 AM
DCs are not underweight at all. They seem to be healthy proportionate children. Thanks for your BTDT stories. I don't feel so alone about this now. My bff's kids come to her asking for broccoli and spinach, etc so I was feeling like I was the strange one. Ha! Maybe she's just blessedly strange.

BabyMine
10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
I bribe M with TV. He eats so much more. I have to be careful of M's weight becasue of other health problems.

Laurel
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM

Snacks only here as well. Drives us crazy.

KathyN115
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Add me to the list of moms with a non-eater. Snacks, yes. Fruit, some. Meat/veggies, never. I don't know how she grows! And she is 90th percentile for height.