PDA

View Full Version : ? re Sit 'n' Spin

sariana
10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
DD saw this toy at Mommy and Me and loved it. I just got a coupon at Target for $10 off the Playskool Musical S 'n' S, which would make it only about $12. I am thinking about it as a Christmas gift for DD.

The thing is, DS will want to use it too. He is five, though small (~39 lbs). The info page says only 2 and up; no upper limit is given, nor any weight limit.

Does anyone have this toy? Will DS be able to use it too, or will he break it?

TIA!

ETA: Sorry, it was just a regular coupon, not a Target coupon. See post #7.

Momof3Labs
10-18-2009, 02:38 AM
We don't have the musical one, we have the good, old, no-batteries kind. DS1 is 55lbs and can play with it just fine. Your DS won't break it.

catsnkid
10-18-2009, 09:52 AM
There was a coupon in my saturday paper for it too.!

lchang25000
10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I though about getting one too with the $10 coupon, but the reviews are terrible.
http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Musical-Spin-colors-vary/dp/B0016H7N5G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2009, 10:23 AM
My 7yo still uses it some.

The music makes me very grateful that the toy lives at my IL's. Drives me batty. :)

Beth

hellokitty
10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
You should be fine. I wish they didn't have music, it makes a good toy, SUPER obnoxious.

sariana
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks, everyone!

It's on sale at Target this week for $20, so with the $10 coupon, it would be ten bucks. I am thinking I could do what the reviewers mentioned and just leave out the batteries. I'm trying to reduce the battery-operated toys in our house, anyway. Going to the hazardous waste center is a pain (though rechargeable batteries are great).

I'm thinking it could be the Santa gift (Santa leaves one gift for each DC on the hearth by the stockings). The one at Mommy & Me was kind of difficult to turn, too (another complaint of the reviewers), but DD didn't seem to mind.

Melaine
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
We have these and the girls do really enjoy them. I think they will be able to use them for quite awhile: http://www.amazon.com/Music-Lights-Sit-Spin-Rockin/dp/B00004T58G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1255893990&sr=1-2

Maybe it's the older version of the same toy.

KrisM
10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
If you get today's paper there is a $10 off coupon. You can use both a manufacturer's (paper) coupon and a Target coupon on the item. Makes it free, it appears!

vludmilla
10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks, everyone!

It's on sale at Target this week for $20, so with the $10 coupon, it would be ten bucks. I am thinking I could do what the reviewers mentioned and just leave out the batteries. I'm trying to reduce the battery-operated toys in our house, anyway. Going to the hazardous waste center is a pain (though rechargeable batteries are great).

I'm thinking it could be the Santa gift (Santa leaves one gift for each DC on the hearth by the stockings). The one at Mommy & Me was kind of difficult to turn, too (another complaint of the reviewers), but DD didn't seem to mind.

Yes, my mom got one for DD and we have never installed batteries. DD loves it anyway and it is much less annoying ;) I'd go for it at $10

Percycat
10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
We have the basic one without music. Several people have noted that it spins better than the one with lights and music. My DS (1st grade) still enjoys playing with it; he weighs 50lbs and has no problems spinning.

Swimfreak78
10-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Where did you get the Target coupon?

sariana
10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry, I was thinking of the newspaper coupon, not a Target coupon.

frgsnlzrds
10-18-2009, 10:57 PM
I have the musical one, though if you ask my kids it's just pretty colors and doesn't do anything but spin. (Mommy never put batteries in it. hehe)

Anyway, my 10 yo uses it and it hasn't broken yet.

carolinamama
10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Your DS will be fine on it. May I recommend that you "forget" to put the batteries in? That music is loud and goes on and on and on.......

american_mama
10-23-2009, 09:39 PM
We were given a Sit N Spin of some sort as a gift 2ish years ago. It was so hard to spin because the center thing you turn was wobbly. DH swore it was not due to his assembly. I ended up giving it away. DH, MIL (who gave it) and I were all disgusted. Anyone else have this problem?

Melaine
10-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Come on, you guys! Complaining about the music on these things, really?
It can't really be that bad until you have TWO of them going at not-quite the same time!