PDA

View Full Version : Petitie Moms!

cvanbrunt
10-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Where can I find stylish jeans? I guess I'm talking about "premium denim". I'm new to the whole spending too much money on jeans but I need something that isn't hanging off my butt after a couple of hours. I'm currently wearing Banana Republic and Ann Taylor denim but they just aren't cutting it.

I've heard of some of these popular brands (Citizens of Humanity, 7 for All......, Joe's, etc.) but which offer petite sizes? I really need the shorter rise and not just a shorter inseam. If anyone has and suggestions I'd appreciate it.

brittone2
10-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm petite. I haven't gotten into high end denim yet (DH needs to finish his graduate school program first LOL), but I know some people who are petite like Joe's Jeans. Maybe Paige too?

Makeupalley has tons of info (on their fashion board) on good denim brands for petites.

catsnkid
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
It really depends on your body type.. I have no hips and a flat butt.. I bought some online from JcPenney and loved them. I seem to fit well into Ann Taylor Loft regular pants. You can also try Talbots Petites, LLBEAN, and New York and Company, and J Jill. Bill Blass also makes petite pants, you can find them at Macy's.. don't know about jeans for that brand though. I also bought a pair at KOHL's but I'm not a big fan of their women's clothes- I shop there for DS and DH.

pb&j
10-18-2009, 07:21 PM
No idea - I'm currently only tolerating all the brands I've tried lately (Levi's, ATL, Gap). My sister (who is even smaller than me) loves her Lucky Brand jeans, but I haven't tried any yet. FTR, we are both pretty curvy.

I'll be interested in what other posters have to say.

ltmommy
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I haven't ventured into the real premium brands, but I have loved Lucky Brand for years - they make a short inseam in most of their styles. And I have had really good luck at Nordstrom with Jag jeans from the petite department - they are more in the $60 - $80 range though. Although I have the petite issue on top of a curvy issue, so it makes it extra hard to find good jeans!

g-mama
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I just got my first pair of high end jeans at Nordstrom Rack. They're Joe's Jeans in the Provocateur style, petite. I LOVE THEM. They fit so well. I've had ATL, Gap and Old Navy in the past.

catsnkid
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I haven't ventured into the real premium brands, but I have loved Lucky Brand for years - they make a short inseam in most of their styles. And I have had really good luck at Nordstrom with Jag jeans from the petite department - they are more in the $60 - $80 range though. Although I have the petite issue on top of a curvy issue, so it makes it extra hard to find good jeans!

Heh- I got some Jag jeans in the Phillipines they are nice but pretty low rise..

gatorsmom
10-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Go to Nordsstroms. I havn't read the other responses but I wear petite size pants and was looking for something really good quality jeans too this past spring. I went to Nordstroms and asked the CS rep to bring me any brand she thought might look good on me. I was in the dressing rooms a LONG time and I must have tried on over 20 different jeans. I finally found some I loved and had Nordstroms hem them for me. The jeans were on sale and so I got 2 pairs. I had one pair hemmed long to wear with heels and the other hemmed short to wear with flats. Those are the only 2 pairs of jeans I will wear in public now and I :heartbeat: them. I think until you try on a bunch of different types you just don't know what will look best on you. jmho.

ahrimie
10-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Go to Nordsstroms. I havn't read the other responses but I wear petite size pants and was looking for something really good quality jeans too this past spring. I went to Nordstroms and asked the CS rep to bring me any brand she thought might look good on me. I was in the dressing rooms a LONG time and I must have tried on over 20 different jeans. I finally found some I loved and had Nordstroms hem them for me. The jeans were on sale and so I got 2 pairs. I had one pair hemmed long to wear with heels and the other hemmed short to wear with flats. Those are the only 2 pairs of jeans I will wear in public now and I :heartbeat: them. I think until you try on a bunch of different types you just don't know what will look best on you. jmho.

Yes, I would second going to Nordstroms and trying on a ton of jeans. Of course, that only works if you have a very patient LO or if someone can watch them for you :)

I do have a pair of Lucky's that I still like to wear and I can wear the regular length with flats or heels (for flats, I just fold the bottom just a tad and the jeans are stiff so they just stay put). Se7en's make a petite line called, Lexie. I personally like the Lexie A Pockets, in Honolulu (color). They are shorter than the Nakita color--so you might have to try on a few of the Lexie's to see which inseam fits you best.

I've tried on Joe's Provocateur but didn't like the fit.. but I'm sure that depends on body type.

If you have a Loehman's or Nordstrom Rack, I'd def try there too.

ryanmom
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM
I will admit that I love high end demin.. I would wear jeans every day if I could. My faves are Paige but I bought the regulars and had them hemmed (the jeans store where I bought them hemmed for free or for a discount). I also have a pair of Citizens that are petite that I got at Saks. I definitely recommend going to a jeans specialty store and having them bring you what they think will look best- that is how I found Paige (they make me look ten pounds thinner, I swear!). You can then shop around for the best price. Sometimes Filene's Basement, Saks Off Fifth etc also have premium denim for more affordable prices. Also, some tailors will re-attach the original hem- I prefer them to do a new one because if you wear them with flats and roll them up slightly it looks funny with the reattached hem.

g-mama
10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I've tried on Joe's Provocateur but didn't like the fit.. but I'm sure that depends on body type.

I'm sure it does....so I'm guessing you may not have big hips and a big booty, LOL!

ahrimie
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm sure it does....so I'm guessing you may not have big hips and a big booty, LOL!

Hahaha!!! You're too funny.
I'm truly just petite all over :)