PDA

View Full Version : FP Trio set at Target on sale for $8-with coupon, it's $3

lchang25000
10-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular price is $9.99. Use the $5 off coupon below to make it $3!
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/trio/

It's this one that's on sale:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Trio-Crazy-Creatures/dp/B0027FFMB8/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b

kristac
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice find!
TRU has the trio sets as part of thier FP b2g1f sale- so if you can print multiple coupons that could be a better deal- also you can mix and match some other FP as part of the sale.

iowavb
10-18-2009, 03:06 PM
the coupon says min. purchase price $10.00. do you think they will overlook that?

Maxlee
10-18-2009, 03:31 PM
i just used it at target, no problems :)

lchang25000
10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I used it too with no problems too. Cashier didn't even read it. :D

You can print a max of 2. I plan to give the extra one away as a gift. DS will just have to wait a couple years before he can play with it.

vludmilla
10-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks for posting. This will be great for gifts. :)

Chag78
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
where do I get the coupon?

lchang25000
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
where do I get the coupon?

In the first link above.

liz
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks, OP! These will make great xmas presents. I was able to use 2 coupons for 2 toys, making each one 3$!! :applause:

Also, I went to the playskool website to print out a 5$ coupon for the ball popper. It is on sale this week at Target for 17.99$, so with 5$ off, it came out to 12.99$!

BTW, if you do go to the playskool website, make sure you type in "playskool" and not "playschool" like I did before I realized my mistake.

lchang25000
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
There is also a Trio airplane set at Target for $4.99 and my friend said she was able to get it for free with the $5 coupon. I guess the registers still scan it with no problem even though it's less than a $10 purchase, unless the cashier reads it carefully before scanning, which most don't seem to do.

inmypjs
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't mean to put a damper on this deal, but if the coupon says it is to be used on a $10 minimum purchase, then that's how it should be used. Just because you can get away with using it improperly for whatever reason (cashier doesn't look, it scans anyway, etc) doesn't mean you should. I do a lot coupon-ing, and it bothers me if people knowingly misuse a coupon. Technically that is the definition of coupon fraud. IMO that is why stores give people a hard time about coupons - because people try to get away with things. I mean this very respectfully, and of course I really don't know how everyone is using this particular coupon, so I guess I just mean this as a friendly reminder...

liz
10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
. Technically that is the definition of coupon fraud. .

This is how I look at it. Target normally charges 10$ (OK, 9.99$, but really, a difference of .01$) for this toy. This week only, Target is giving a store discount of 2$ off the toy. Next week, the price will go back to 9.99$. In my mind, I am not thinking, "Ha Ha, I totally ripped off Target" but rather, "Sweet, Target has a store coupon/deal this week AND if I combine a manuf. coupon, I can stack the deal. Lucky me."

Now, I always thought you could stack store coupons/sales and manuf. coupons. Am I wrong?

I respect your stance on coupons, but I truly feel I am not taking advantage of Target in this situation. I just wanted to give another view of the situation.

Pennylane
10-20-2009, 01:51 PM
This is how I look at it. Target normally charges 10$ (OK, 9.99$, but really, a difference of .01$) for this toy. This week only, Target is giving a store discount of 2$ off the toy. Next week, the price will go back to 9.99$. In my mind, I am not thinking, "Ha Ha, I totally ripped off Target" but rather, "Sweet, Target has a store coupon/deal this week AND if I combine a manuf. coupon, I can stack the deal. Lucky me."

Now, I always thought you could stack store coupons/sales and manuf. coupons. Am I wrong?

I respect your stance on coupons, but I truly feel I am not taking advantage of Target in this situation. I just wanted to give another view of the situation.

Yes, you can stack Manuf.coupons and Target coupons. I think what the pp was saying is that the coupon says to be used with a minimum $10 purchase per coupon and the toys are not $10. So the coupon should not actually be used.

Ann