PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Best drugstore eyeliner

swampnurse
10-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I told myself that once my Clinique eyeliner ran out I would find a less expensive brand. Now that it is whittled down to a nub, it is time to buy another. I am just looking for a decent brown pencil, preferably with a sharpener, and i'm sure I can find one without paying a premium price.

Help please!

becca_g
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I love Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (http://www.revlon.com/ProductCatalog/ProductDetails.aspx?CategoryID=3&SubCategoryID=9&ProductID=47)! It goes on smoothly (has a twist tip rather than being a standard pencil), stays in place, and has a built-in sharpener. Revlon Colorstay also comes in a liquid eye pen and a liquid liner, but I haven't tried those.

I have mildy oily skin and have had trouble with smudging/smearing after a couple of hours with almost every other eyeliner I've tried ... didn't matter if it was drugstore or expensive department store brands. I used to work as a makeup artist so I've experimented with many of the ones that are out there. I also have very sensitive eyes and find many eyeliners to be irritating.

This one is my favorite by far! No smudging and no irritation.

Nechums
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Another shout-out for Revlon Colorstay liner!

bubbaray
10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
I like Almay eyeliner, but might try the Revlon one (same parent company).

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
10-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Another shout-out for Revlon Colorstay liner!

Third this, stays put and cheap!!!!

swampnurse
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Then that's the one i'm going to get! Thanks to all of you! :)

calv
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
just wanted to bump this up. I tried the color stay. it's on sale at cvs if you spend $15, you get $7 CVS bucks back. not too bad of a deal ;)

conniez
11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
argh I had a coupon for a free Revlon product, but I can't find it! I would've loved to use it to try this eyeliner! :(

ohiomom1121
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Another idea is to get a good angle brush and use it to apply eyeshadow like an eyeliner. It works great, is super cheap, and doesn't run! Plus you can use lots of different colors. I always buy those sets of 3 or 4 colors and use the darkest one for the liner. A make up artist at a MAC counter showed me that years ago and it was a great tip.

calv
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Another idea is to get a good angle brush and use it to apply eyeshadow like an eyeliner. It works great, is super cheap, and doesn't run! Plus you can use lots of different colors. I always buy those sets of 3 or 4 colors and use the darkest one for the liner. A make up artist at a MAC counter showed me that years ago and it was a great tip.

doesn't it get in your eyes? do you wet the angle brush first? great tip, thnx!

ohiomom1121
11-18-2009, 09:34 AM
doesn't it get in your eyes? do you wet the angle brush first? great tip, thnx!

Not at all, I just kind of tap off the excess before I apply. I don't wet it either, but I'm sure you could if you wanted the color to be a little darker. BTW, I love the MAC angle brushes. I have two of them and they've lasted for years.